Midland game fair

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just reading the general rules sent to all shooters who qualified and rule 9 says "any prize winner must ensure they have been entered into the correct CPSA lettered class.Any incorrectly awarded prizes must be returned to Doveridge Shotgun Academy immediately."J Duncton is AA class shot as unclassified,game over.

Karen, 
I could not agree more, but what about the people Jason knocked out in earlier rounds? Sadly it appears as though it now cannot be resolved fairly.
Sadly they have been done out of a chance on this occasion lets hope it gets resolved

Just reading the general rules sent to all shooters who qualified and rule 9 says "any prize winner must ensure they have been entered into the correct CPSA lettered class.Any incorrectly awarded prizes must be returned to Doveridge Shotgun Academy immediately."J Duncton is AA class shot as unclassified,game over.
If the above is as stated, then it's time the brown stuff hit the fan. But has anyone got the balls to implement the rules.

I've been talking to Jonty who came second when in fact he should have won the truck and I asked if he is going to take legal action against the organisers of the shoot.

I know that I would and the whole thing stinks to high heaven due to blatant cheating.

Sadly it also appears as though despite it clearly stating 'Fibre Wad' only some people used Plaswads.

Are these the same people who use plastic wads and cause farm shoots to close?

How do you know that?? Has there been some sh*t over that as well?? And it shouldn't be jonty taking legal action it should be the organisers!!! They have all the ammo

If the above is as stated, then it's time the brown stuff hit the fan. But has anyone got the balls to implement the rules.
It looks as though there are no balls around.

I sent an email to Clive on Thursday and received a response on Friday,apparantly it has been discussed at length by a jury,who have decided that someone who has not shot in the CPSA for 4 years or so should be unclassified.According to the jury everyone had a fair chance to beat him.There were several other reasons offered to try and justify the decision that didn't make any sense either.

I sent another email on Friday highlighting several points and asking for clarification on a few issues but it seems as though having to give a reasonable explanation to some reasonable questions has caused Clive to loose his voice as i have heard nothing since.

Still living in hope that the correct decision will be made,but i won't be holding my breath.

Kev

Sadly it also appears as though despite it clearly stating 'Fibre Wad' only some people used Plaswads.

Are these the same people who use plastic wads and cause farm shoots to close?
Yes one shooter was caught using plastic,he claimed he hadn't realised even though he was routing in his pocket every time he loaded his gun and every second barrel was a plastic wad.He had just been knocked out of the comp so we didn't get to see if he would have got disquallified or not.

Kev

even if you have not shot c p s a for 20 years you class still stands if you were in aa you stay in aa till you start to shoot reg shoots again true story

Well said joe, it's an absolute disgrace how can they say everybody has a fair chance of beating him, a joke!!! I was not there but if he had shot the same targets as the others of same class and ability, in all probability he would of lost (because he hasn't been shooting ) or so he says!!!!!

I think it is now over, done and dusted, end of.

We will never know who should be the rightful winner because Mr. Duncton eliminated others in the qualifying rounds. I just hope that he can sleep peacefully. He's probably already sold the pickup and banked the money.

Let's hope he spends the money on shooting and quickly, miraculously returns to form and his rightful class in AA. Who knows he may even do the Sporting Gun Clubmans next year. 

Somebody did shoot the clubman in AA but got found out at the end of the shoot. Aparantly there was a hell of row at the tent as the bloke said he didn't know if you have been classified above B in ( any discipline ) ever you weren't eligible to shoot it. I'm afraid it was another disappointment as the junior from our club came third after a shoot off. There was no presentation and only through other members enquiring about prizes was told to queue at the back of a van for some cartridges. Although gratefully received, the lad has only been shooting 12 months and we felt a proper presentation would have been appropriate

As a result of this, anyone with any sense of fair play should boycott this comp in future and then the organisers will be out of pocket and sponsors will dry up due to the lack of entries and associated bad will!

Ye, let's all do skeet where it is all a bed of Roses and the only grump is Joe, who will fall out with his shadow if left alone long enough!

Skeet, the World of fund fiddling and steel shot, can't wait to get involved with that.

Joe, only joking (as usual) but folks let's get real, every competition from tiddly winks to GP F1 is a playground for cheats.

If you don't realise that, it is best you leave competitions alone.

At Weston Park I bumped into an old friend collecting his prizes for the second year running at the Sporting Gun Clubman, a competition for 'B' class shooters. My friend won £5,000 at the Gamebore White Gold Cup  in 1986 ! So he must be struggling to improve over the last 17 years.

The only way to have an Open is to make it open, no classes, no wad restrictions and draw squads from a barrel.

Latest posts

Back