Midland game fair

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heard this morning a shooter called jason duncton won it karen 
hes shot with me a few years ago now and is from london way i think
He's not the same J Duncton listed on CPSA classifications as AA class is he,as it was an unclassified shooter that won ?

Kev

Could be a case fo top sandbagging :good:

Thats what happens in this type of open shoot.

If he is AA then this result needs to be sorted not good for the future of this competition always been a fair playing field

Isn't there an outstanding issue from last year too?

Sent from my mobile that's my excuse for typos and errors.

How long do CPSA classifications stand for?
Well I'm still classified A class for sporting, but I haven't shot a reg sporting comp for at least 10 years, in fact A was it at the time there was no AA or AAA if I remember correctly.
Edit : probably more like 20 years thinking about it!! ....

Last edited:
If it is an open shoot, stop moaning, we all have the same chance. On the other hand, if it has some kind of handicap, and someone has fiddled, then it requires sorting out ASAP. Some would say now the shoots over prizes presented, it's too late to do owt anyhow. As it's a hedge monkey shoot, I'm not surprised it may have gone tits up, them HM will argue white is black and black is white.

Phil*

So technically does that make him an 'unclassified' AA then

If it is an open shoot, stop moaning, we all have the same chance. On the other hand, if it has some kind of handicap, and someone has fiddled, then it requires sorting out ASAP. Some would say now the shoots over prizes presented, it's too late to do owt anyhow. As it's a hedge monkey shoot, I'm not surprised it may have gone tits up, them HM will argue white is black and black is white.

Phil*
There was a handicap,thats the problem,and on the cpsa website he is classified AA and shot as unclassified.
Kev

Please remember that Myers, Stirzaker and many other AA's shot this shoot and didn't win.

Fair play or not to him he won it BUT.......

Why in the write up about it say you have not picked up a gun in the last six years when he clearly he has, as he has scores in 2009 and....

Why enter as unclassified taking away the oppertunity of a genuine unclassified shooter to try and make the final of a competition,when clearly he is a AA shot and would be in AA if run under CPSA rules.

Sadly as said before these game fairs are run under their own rules so be aware of might happen.

Sandbagging of the highest calibre. :good:

The problem is that if he shot in the correct class AA he would of had simo pairs which makes a big difference and the outcome may have been very different the truck should go to the runner up who was in the correct class

Karen, 

I could not agree more, but what about the people Jason knocked out in earlier rounds? Sadly it appears as though it now cannot be resolved fairly.

Karen, 

I could not agree more, but what about the people Jason knocked out in earlier rounds? Sadly it appears as though it now cannot be resolved fairly.
It needs to be sorted out,we are not talking about £100 high gun here are we;we are talking about an £18000 vehicle.

The facts are Jason Duncton has entered this competition as unclassified when he is classified in AA class;just because he is not a current CPSA member has no bearing on his classification.

This competition is run on the CPSA classifications so i don't see how there can be any doubt that this is not cheating.

What would be said if George Digweed cancelled his membership before next years competition and said i'm not in the CPSA so i must be unclassified.

The only reason J Wightman did not win is because he missed his last number 1(hard)target so could not shoot his number 7 when J Duncton was shooting the easy number 1 and on report pairs instead of simos as Karen said.

The only fair outcome is for J Duncton to be disqualified,J Wightman needs to hand his runners up shotgun to 3rd place and go and pick the keys up to his new pickup.

Kev

Latest posts

Back