mid bead

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to love them years ago, but now I've had a few guns without I wouldn't want to go back to one now. My dt11 has no beads at all and my mk game just has a small steel mushroom bead.

A mid bead comes in handy sometimes. But generally when shooting (I shoot gun down), I don’t even see it. 

Have never been able to shoot well with a gun that has a mid bead, my eye keeps getting drawn to looking at it. So the only gun I had with one got removed fairly quickly. 

Have never been able to shoot well with a gun that has a mid bead, my eye keeps getting drawn to looking at it. So the only gun I had with one got removed fairly quickly. 
i shoot a 525s    i guess i can remove my mid bead but obviously it leaves a hole  !   unsightly   ?   

I’ve just shot a practice round . Gun down , or soft mounted the bead is pretty irrelevant, gun shouldered in a trap style the mid bead makes a nice check . But then what do I know, it took me 40 years to stop buying loads of tripe advertised as the next best thing in shotgun sights .

Definitely without. All it does (and you see people doing it all the time) is to encourage you to close an eye and check your mount every single time before every single shot - as opposed to trusting your mount. It’s a bit of an anti-pattern IMO. 

Try to find a small black grub screw to put in the hole that will sit flush with the rib

Definitely without. All it does (and you see people doing it all the time) is to encourage you to close an eye and check your mount every single time before every single shot - as opposed to trusting your mount. It’s a bit of an anti-pattern IMO. 
Or you use it as a handy tool when you start shooting, then just ignore it cos you're actually looking at the clay? My 525 has a mid bead and even though I'm a distinctly average shot, I can't remember once actually noticing the mid bead when confronted with a live target cos I'm looking waaaay beyond it.

If anything, it's useful for me to practice just once or twice when I'm sporadically dry mounting to check I'm seeing the same sight every time and I'm not getting lazy.

If you don't see it, which you shouldn't when you're shooting unless there's something seriously wrong with your game, then I don't see the issue with it being there or not, and therefore any need to remove it for the sake of it. Unless you're literally just starting out, removing it just because sounds like one of those golden bits of advice to do it when it's actually a bit irrelevant. 😕 Just saying. 

ok but it leaves a hole obviously ,   that irritates me ,  is there anything  i can do ?   or just crack on  ?     
Black epoxy should sort you right out, but permanently so. Or melt in a bit of plastic that you could melt back out. The grub screw suggestion is better, but maybe hard to find in the right size and thread. 

Latest posts

Back