Let's talk about Shootin' Boots

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a pair of Danners, leather, and gortex lined, they were £200,15 years ago, still like new when polished.

The SAS, and SBS have used them for years,and I can see why. I've used them for beating,work, and clayshooting over time, and are like putting on a favourite pair of slippers. Think there about £230 now, but well worth the investment

I'm now looking for stuff to look after the leather with.

Anyone have any preference to leather cream, or clear polish (is this same as dubbin) and what for the Nubuck bit?

Renapur is the dogs xxxxxx. You sometimes see them at game fairs doing demos (offering to clean your boots)

Renapur Ltd, w. Sussex, UK, sorry don't have Web address

Chelsea dealer boots when its dry,and pair of groundwork muck boots when cold and wet.

As there have been several recommendations for Doc Martins boots, can anyone tell me what size he takes ??????

Renapur is the dogs xxxxxx. You sometimes see them at game fairs doing demos (offering to clean your boots)

Renapur Ltd, w. Sussex, UK, sorry don't have Web address
+ 1 this is probably the best and easiest to use on all leather items from equestrian leather tack to walking boots,or your best dress boots and shoes,used it for years, its available mail order and last for a long long time as you only need a small amount on a sponge and just rub in wipe excess balsam off with a soft cloth,no need to polish. 

Renapur Ltd, London Road,Ashington, west Sussex RH20 3AX    Tel :- 01903 893990   

www.renapur.com

200ML container leather balsam    £12 +p&p

250ML container leather cleaner    £12 +p&p

250ML container Hi-Shine              £12 +p&p 

No connection to the company just used their poroduct for a long time and its brilliant . :thumbsup:   :yes:

CAUTION DO NOT USE ON SUEDE OR CHAMIOS LEATHERS 

Last edited by a moderator:
Full length zip leather lined Le Chameau wellies coldest footwear i have ever owned have been known to take them of outside in the winter just to warm my feet up but when its not to nasty i prefer classic Timberland boots silicon treated leather makes them waterproff and very comfy. Trainers my ar$e they are for running and gym.

I got some Harkila Sporting Estate boots just before Xmas, they have been good so far.

Really comfortable and have kept me feet really warm on some cold days.

Mr Les "Deck shoes" Hammond, shoots in deck shoes and nothing but deck shoes, if he cannot wear them due to any slight sign of inclemment weather, then he does not shoot, simples..... Might just be West Bay thing though !

Broke 'em in at Horne today...!!

post-812-0-76899500-1420984830.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0676.jpg
    IMAG0676.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 0
Mr Les "Deck shoes" Hammond, shoots in deck shoes and nothing but deck shoes, if he cannot wear them due to any slight sign of inclemment weather, then he does not shoot, simples..... Might just be West Bay thing though !
Correct Ian, I have various types for various seasons! If the weather is too bad for any of them then its too bad for shooting!

Correct Ian, I have various types for various seasons! If the weather is too bad for any of them then its too bad for shooting!
I believe the Q was about recommended brands.  Cough it up!  

This could be the key to my future shooting success

Back