Left eye dominant, right handed and contacts!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dog Tyred. This is the problem I've got. I'm very used to shooting right hand with air rifles so im not sure how much of a challenge it's going to be to shoot left with a shotgun. I've not got my licence and a friend is looking after a gun that's been passed down to me. I've only ever shot around max 30 rounds with a shotgun right handed. I'm going to try and keep mounting my air rifle in my left arm and see how I get on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing more dangerous than a little knowledge !

Do it right or don't bother to do it.

I'm left handed, right eye dominant and partially sighted. I shoot OSK right handed so gun down. In fact I now shoot sporting gun down as well. I keep both eyes open and as Ed said it was an easyish transition just took a couple of months practice mounting at home and it now feels comfortable and I no longer look like an extra from fight club!

Just as an alternative take on. There is a  young English shooter down here a junior who shoots very well. He is left eye dom but shoots of his right shoulder with both eyes open, said he just got used to hitting the targets... so you don't need to do anything other than look at the target and get used to hitting them. It is all about knowing where you are pointing your gun with respect to your eye to the target. 

Back