Just saying.......

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les53

Well so much for the whimps (mainly blokes I might add), who say K80's are too heavy. A German lady has just won trap gold in Spain with one! Its nice to see a woman use a K gun in something other than DTL, but this shows it can be done, shame it wasn't a British victory though!!

My K is 8lb 9ozs. Not heavy by today's standards.

Most guns over 9lbs now.
Yeah....and some still say they are too heavy! Mine goes about 9lb2oz or there abouts! Even my DT11 was around 8lb12 oz.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Beretta DT11 - 9 lbs 11ozs.

Just checked latest Blaser catalogue - F3 Supersport - 9lbs13ozs.

Well a manufacturer like Perazzi will make you what you want with in reason but their thoroughbred competition guns come in at about 4kg which is approx. 8lb and 12oz... and they are good enough to win the world championship trap men...! 

Well it looks like the old "too heavy" ideas are out of the windows these days!!!

It may be to do with where the weight is, there are a lot of K80's around with a nose heavy feel which makes them feel heavier than they are as well as making them less fluid/easy to shoot.

It may be to do with where the weight is, there are a lot of K80's around with a nose heavy feel which makes them feel heavier than they are as well making them less fluid/easy to shoot.
That's the beauty of the K80 Hammy! You put bits on and take bits off, change barrels, use lighter chokes or hanger,not to mention the balance system that you can buy for them. A K80 has an unbelievable amount of variations, changes can be made at any time, normally without using a gunsmith!Blasers are similar in that respect and all the bits are readily available too.

I have family in Germany have you seen how many beers those girls can carry , A K8 is featherweight compared .  :eek:  Just Saying !!!

I have family in Germany have you seen how many beers those girls can carry , A K8 is featherweight compared .  :eek:  Just Saying !!!
Sounds like my kinda place that..well built women carrying large beers about the place!

" That's the beauty of the K80 Hammy! You put bits on and take bits off, change barrels, use lighter chokes or hanger,not to mention the balance system that you can buy for them. A K80 has an unbelievable amount of variations, changes can be made at any time, normally without using a gunsmith!Blasers are similar in that respect and all the bits are readily available too. "

All at extra cost to the gullible customer.

That's because the Germans are trying to claw back the economy that was devastated by my Dad and his Reginald Mitchell designed , made in Coventry and Birmingham shooting machine !

Get real buy British , made in England. Or if cost is an issue buy a Miroku.

Same old story if you have that gift then no matter what gun your given or choose you will preform .........!!

The lady in question very well shot, Just my opinion its not so much the make of gun its the operator 100% 

If by magic the powers above gave us all a 90,000 gun tonight ...! would any off us shoot any better tomorrow at are shoot grounds ??

or would we all spend 1,000 adjusting it to fit and gain may-be 3 odd clays here and there .........!!!

My point is even a 90,000 gun or a such adjusted gun to fit is useless with out the operator knowing where to aim ............!!! :mole:   :hunter:    

Well, we seem to have got back to Miroku! No, you cannot beat a Miroku at any price! Its the dogs wotsits and that's that!

Although remember you can't polish a turd........ neither make a silk purse from a cows ear.......!!  :nyam:

Alright, ok, as a k80 shooter, I still believe that miroku is without equal when you take price, quality and affordability into account! At the end of the day, there is very little that a Miroku has not won at some point in time!I love Miroku's, so why do I use a K80? Well because I change what I want,when I want, and k80's are as well made as a Miroku's! I also got a K80 because I wanted one, sad but true!!!!!

None of my Perazzis get even close to 9lbs.  My fave old pigeon gun is 8lb2oz and is just fine even with 36gm pigeon loads.

And as much as I dislike Beretta USA, $ for $ Berettas are hard to beat for a less expensive gun IMO.  

but that would just be me 

Latest posts

Back