ips does a semi

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anyone patterned an outlander or one of its derivatives ???

I have had two afternoons with the auto shooting rook and pigeon from a hide. Only had four or so birds to shoot at per day, missed more than I hit , I know I am not the best shot BUT I was on most of em but nowt happened. I reckoned it was shooting well under so I had a shot (a safe shot) into a grass bank at thirty five ish yards and absolutely no dust came up above the bead. Not an exact trial I grant you but wow is it shooting low and that's with a pound coin at the back of rib. It has the 50 shim in so obviously I need to change that for a kick off.

anyone got any thoughts / comments. I am hoping someone has patterned one.

ps

gun comes up lovely, balance is good, trigger is not the worst I have ever had. The cluncking of the mechanics takes some getting used too and the recoil in my opinion is no lighter than a break barrel but it feels different as in straight back with little perceivable muzzle flip. Loading is a fumble until I get used to it and the bleeding thing cant half spit empties a long way ? oh it has cycled my 30g fibres without a hitch as expected. All in all I like it. But no more or less than any of my other guns, its a tool for the job and cheap as French fries and the looks are growing on me, a bit like that girl you picked up when you were 19 she looked ok at night but in the morning you weren't too sure but you persevered and had another date and decided she was quite attractive after all........or was that just me ?

ps

you can tell I am treating it as a tool as I chucked it on the ground for the pics, would not have done that with any of my other stuff ?

I have an old Beretta 32in 303 that i use for pigeon shooting,absolutely love the way it shoots with the long barrel?

My Remington 1187 shot really low, even though I could see a fair bit of rib . I have raised the comb by a good inch its not bad now still flat compared to my Beretta but shootable.

My Remington 1187 shot really low, even though I could see a fair bit of rib . I have raised the comb by a good inch its not bad now still flat compared to my Beretta but shootable.
ah, interesting. Like I say I reckon the outlander is less than flat its like flatter than a flat thing

Could end up even flatter if you keep leaving it in the long grass.

I know it's not properly scientific but have you tried an Arrow Lazer thingy to compare sight picture to POI/POA.  

On my 1187 and 1100 it's flat for me as well as the Franchi but the 391 I had and a Benellu M2 I sometimes use shoot high for me with stamdard stock dims. 

funny you should mention it I actually thought about a bore sighter only today. I cant believe how flat this is shooting.

Looks nice, I'm toying with getting an A300 but fancy the wood version. 

Would be interested to know how you get along with it on clays, I'm a bit bothered about the narrow rib but in fairness I've not even seen one yet so I may be worrying for nothing. 

It wont be my main clay gun, but I've been having on/off shoulder problems for a while and some Sunday mornings I don't venture out because if it. For these days it would be good to have something a bit softer shooting to go to rather than no go out at all.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on. 
A400 target is really nice if you can stretch to it.  A friend has one and I can't notice recoil using 28g white gold and I am pretty recoil sensitive.

funny you should mention it I actually thought about a bore sighter only today. I cant believe how flat this is shooting.
My franchi is flat too, but with longer stock pad it's no flatter than my Centenary or English game.

My A390 is set up like my trap gun snd shoots the same.. 

From memory the shim used is the 50.

I have the 50 shim in now.

just got back from 100 esp at a ground half an hour away that I have never been too before, very nice place "the owls hoot" anyway I shot reasonably well I think I am getting the idea. I used swing through almost exclusively and it seemed to suit me better than my default pull away, maybe its similar to trap in as much as chasing a target down. Its definetely flat as a flat thing.

ps

I really struggle with going away over your head job such as high 1 on skeet ??

Latest posts

Back