Interesting take on the centre bead

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was shooting on Wednesday I had several layers and I did not like the feel of the gun on my shoulder... it felt remote and unattached. For the summer... it is coming ... I am going to get one of those  belt pouch type thing to hold my carts and shoot in a tee shirt much more connected and cooler!

I hate layers i prefer just an extra vest in winter and suffer the cold for the sake of a score.

When I was shooting on Wednesday I had several layers and I did not like the feel of the gun on my shoulder... it felt remote and unattached. For the summer... it is coming ... I am going to get one of those belt pouch type thing to hold my carts and shoot in a tee shirt much more connected and cooler!
You'll want one of them fancy seamless t shirts if your going minimalist.

http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/

Indeed I do Jake you will be hearing from me! I have been meaning to contact because my thought for colder weather was to be a long sleeved base layer with a polo over that... just go me Chrissie sorted :) What are you postage rates to France?

I hate layers i prefer just an extra vest in winter and suffer the cold for the sake of a score.
You Northern Guys are just so tough. I shoot with a mate from Cockermouth and he's regularly in a t shirt and shorts when I'm wearing fleeces and quilted jackets.

Mind you, he's a proper hard b*****d and I'm just a Southern Jessie!! (Allegedly) :sarcastichand:

Roll on summer!!  :biggrin:

SUMMER????

My God!!! It's barely December!  I may not even live to see it again and you're making plans??

BTW back in the old days I managed to stay pretty warm even on the Ninja wearing polypro and a good windproof suit.  Still works fine for me shooting down to the 40's - that would be about 4deg since you aren't English anymore - and really adds little bulk to the package.

JMO of course

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Wonko, don't shout at me I'm very sensitive you know!  :sarcastic:

The weather is all we Brits talk about and summer is quite an occasion for us if we actually get one.

I'm shooting a bit infrequently these days for various reasons so I sorted out my Christmas treat in August, now I'm looking towards my Birthday treat in July. Nothing like a bit of forward planning!

I sincerely hope you see many more summers and can enjoy many more clays without too much heat shimmer from your barrels. :biggrin:

What sort of winters do you have there. Do you get snowed in or is it more mild. (sorry for my lack of geographical knowledge) All my knowledge of The States is gained from watching Westerns so possibly not that extensive?

All I know about the geography of usa is that its to the left of england .

All I know about the geography of usa is that its to the left of england .
Yeah! And apparently a bit bigger too!  :sarcastic:

And they can't spell Aluminium!  :biggrin:

They can spell it they just cant say it :)

Hardly anywhere is to the left of England    :hunter:

Here in NorCal I'm in the Sacramento Valley on the eastern edge.  Northerly end of the great central valley in CA.  About the same latitude as Lisbon and probably sorta the same sea controlled weather patterns since all of our weather blows in from the W or NW.  Cold weather usually is 30's nite low 50's days.  Real cold like the last few and next few days is 20's/40's.  I can see the tops of the Sierras about 50mi to the west and the snow on the top lasts well into and sometimes thru the summer.  We get a good bit of seasonal rain but it has only snowed at my place once in the last 17yrs (that year the 22' snow pole at SquawValley disappeared hahaha)  but may do that again tonite just as it happens.  Def gonna snow in the Sierra.  Most of the States have been in or at the edge of drought conditions for more than a couple years and so are we.  Rain is starting late again this year and will likely not be enough to put much of a dent in the deficit,  So, bearable, but I'd be happier in Arizona, simple desert rat that I am.  Certainly there are worse places to be than here, tho.

edit here - the westerns' presentations of the unbelievable vast and empty, as in devoid of people and/or commerce,  spaces in no way conveys just how unbelievably vast and empty they are.  Certainly not unique in the world but you do just have to see it for yourself to get the impact.  The 'net tells me that the UK land area is about 94K sq mi and California is just under 164K sq mi. - so lots of that empty stuff

And there aren't quite as many gun fights

Wow.

We are really small aren't we. I believe there are sheep farms in Australia bigger than England !

Wonko, I'm now seriously jealous. It sounds beautiful, particularly as I'm not a fan of the cold, and I've never seen anything you could call a mountain (I don't travel a lot as you can tell).

I cannot get my head around how big The USA must be. I guess we just get used to sitting on a small island between The Atlantic and The North Sea.

Are you sure there are not as many gunfights? It always surprises me how accurate your average cowboy is after a quick draw. Perhaps the pistols I used to shoot (before our Government stole them from us) were somehow less accurate??? :fie:

Wow.

We are really small aren't we. I believe there are sheep farms in Australia bigger than England !
Sssshhhhhhh! You'll get all the Welsh Boys excited!  :haha:

Wow.

From what I saw of it, Oz takes the prize for vast and empty.  Might be areas of China in competition tho.  Haven't been there and don't plan to.

Also you might notice in the gunfights that not only are the revolvers massively accurate they use the infinite ammo cylinders

as of this AM there is no traffic over the pass to Reno but 4WD with snow tires or chains on all 4.  So pretty fair blow.  Rained like a MFer here for about 10hrs and is +/-45deg for the day.  Better than expected but I'll prolly pass on shooting today.

From what I saw of it, Oz takes the prize for vast and empty. 
The first time we went we hired a campervan drove from Cairns down to Sidney and did over 3,100kM following Highway one down the coast road. At one point in Queensland on a very long straight road it was empty for as far as we could see in both directions and stayed this way for a long long time until a vehicle came the other way.

Back