I bought my first gun!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worcs

I have just put a deposit down on a Beretta 690 Sporter and I couldn't be happier. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I really like the black and orange action and I've been looking for one with nice wood for ages. It means a trip north but I've never been more excited to go to Derby! I might even carry on to Nottinghamshire to see the folks and test it out at Cocketts Farm whilst I'm there. :)

690.png

Very nice. Now a few sleepless nights until you go and pick it up !!

owned it for short while, been super happy with it, altho could be a bit heavier :)

have fun!

overall weight, but im doing OT only, so you might it find perfect for sporting etc.

I wouldn't switch but a family member bought it of me for a fair price and i went for 692 :p

One down ........ now you need one for weekdays, then another for Trap and another for skeet .....

:)
and two game guns, one for formal driven days and one for walked up ?

Plus a gun to take out when it's hissing down .  You will also need a 10guage for wildfowling. An auto for sporting challenges and duck shoofing . A 20g for those days where there's lots of walking and a 410 for ratting. The list goes on and on.

oh, you also need a "default gun" this is one that you keep at the back of the cabinet. Its usually the cheap one you bought first then decided it was pants and your scores would improve if you paid huge amounts for the latest hi rib, adj doo dah and two dozen chokes of various makes and protrusions. When you can no longer hit the proverbial with the aforementioned whizz of a gun one simply resorts back to me "default gun" and so the cycle continues.

However many guns you have, it is important that you stick to the same theme for naming them.  Mine are called Adolf (Krieghoff K80 Parcours), Benito (Beretta DT10) and Recep (Huglu 410 o/u).  Anyone guess the theme?

However many guns you have, it is important that you stick to the same theme for naming them.  Mine are called Adolf (Krieghoff K80 Parcours), Benito (Beretta DT10) and Recep (Huglu 410 o/u).  Anyone guess the theme?
I'll take "who are history's worst tyrants" for $200, Alex.....

And now my licence has just arrived through the door. Wasn't expecting it until next week so hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow.

And now my licence has just arrived through the door. Wasn't expecting it until next week so hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow.
You must be well chuffed its arrived earlier than expected. Make the effort and go and pick it up - you know you want to.

Enjoy your shooting and above all - be safe.

You must be well chuffed its arrived earlier than expected. Make the effort and go and pick it up - you know you want to.

Enjoy your shooting and above all - be safe.
I absolutely want to but I made lots of work plans for tomorrow ahead of planning to collect it next weekend and have the whole weekend free. Never mind, shooting comes before work now!

Latest posts

Back