hull superfast 70

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hull super fast ? i have shot 200 through my semi auto with no problems, recoil is the same as any other cartridge I have used and as for dirty when i cleaned my gun it was no worse than any other day when I have put a hundred through it. AT £150 per thousand I think they are bloody good value for money. I dont see a problem with them at all !!
It depends what your priorities are doesn't it? If you want cheap cartridges then they fulfil your requirements. Job done. If you want something smooth with hard shot which breaks clays really well then you have to buy something else. Almost anything else really.

i Guess its not that simple sometimes Wylye, cost has great bearing on how often I shoot, If I can get a reasonably decent cartidge at a reasonable price and buy a couple of thousand or so at a time then it aows me to consider spending the money I saved on such in going farther afield with my shooting. Your place being a classic case in point, I love Wylye Valley but getting there and back is costly from Bucks same for Southdown, Newbold W

OOOPS hit the post button !! Anyway point is it is not always about performance it is quite often about being able ti afford doing the rounds as they say every little helps!!

I want cheap cartridges and I want to break clays really well and these do the job for me. Anything too smooth can effect my confidence so for me these shells allow me to have my cake and eat it! Confidence is key - if high brass and posh packaging gives an extra % or so in confidence then you will shoot better. But at £154/1000 compared to £239/1000 for Express Supreme, are Supremes really £85 quid better in performance?

Could you win £85 more prizemoney over 10 shoots using the supremes?

Would your confidence be boosted knowing you couldn't use better?

Why not carry one box per hundred for targets over 40 yards. 1000 would last you for 40 shoots - a year for many people. You'd only have to recover £85 in 12 months. How could you afford not to use them?

From what I seen of the Supperfast's they are fine for 90-95% of the clays I shoot, for the other 5-10% the extra oomph, tighter pattern and harder shot of Supremes would give them a definite advantage........so long as they are pointed in the right direction!!!

These are my classy cartridges.... I shoot steel at everything else!

No, fair comments everyone. I guess the point I was trying to make was compared to the other cheaper lines, I thought these were very good and I would be confident in attempting to shoot at anything with them - where as with the Top Ones I have been using of late I have been doing exactly as above and carrying a box of something more spangly. In my case Superbs. Just my opinion amongst many.

Have good weekend all, looking forward to attempting a few targets tomorrow, might visit you Mr Wylye!

These are my classy cartridges.... I shoot steel at everything else!

No, fair comments everyone. I guess the point I was trying to make was compared to the other cheaper lines, I thought these were very good and I would be confident in attempting to shoot at anything with them - where as with the Top Ones I have been using of late I have been doing exactly as above and carrying a box of something more spangly. In my case Superbs. Just my opinion amongst many.

Have good weekend all, looking forward to attempting a few targets tomorrow, might visit you Mr Wylye!
Look forward to it. Come and introduce yourself. I might even have some 'expensive' cartridges you can try!

Couldn't make it today Ian, Family commitments. However perhaps I'll come down on one of your practice days and we could have a entirely unscientific cheap shell shoot off. You've got the targets to properly test these budget bangers. The conclusions may be pointless but could be a bit of fun....

Oh I'm willing to pay for my practice - I'm not trying to get free targets!

I shoot cheapish shells through a full choke, I get good patterns, I have no problems with distance ,just my abilities!!

And I get to go toWylye Southdown Newbold etc I win a bit of money in the process so it works for me

Well perhaps not anymopre now I have possibly limped into B class!!

I don't think there is a shell out there that will add kills to your card.

But if you feel paying £220 a thou keeps confidence up then fair enough. As said it's a big part to putting scores in.

I tried a few of these, they didn't seem uncomfortably punchy to me. I'd buy them.

As for dirty, what's that all about? First thing everybody always starts muttering about when they talk about cartridges and it doesn't matter a damn.

I don't give a toss how dirty they are, it's only loose, physical muck, it'll get blown out with the next shot :.:

What a load of fanny :huh:

I agree totally, if we were talking about black powder dirt that has to be cleaned off then yes but two hours barrel scrubbing is undone in a nano second once you fire it. I'm surprised some people don't carry a Paradox rod around the stands with them :???: .

Shot about 200 of these at kibworth last night and IMO there as good as anything else I've ever shot, didn't seem that punchy but then I am a bit of lump and don't feel that much recoil anyway. They gave fantastic kills even on some longer targets and I was getting plenty of smoke through half choke and at £150/1000 there an absolute bargain

Shot about 200 of these at kibworth last night and IMO there as good as anything else I've ever shot, didn't seem that punchy but then I am a bit of lump and don't feel that much recoil anyway. They gave fantastic kills even on some longer targets and I was getting plenty of smoke through half choke and at £150/1000 there an absolute bargain
Totally agree with that always used eley superbs but getting a bit pricey now at over £200 a go although the are very consistant and smooth but bought some super fast and find them equally as good and at £149 a go at west malling guns who could argue, A good friend Scott Collett who won the fitasc winter series at southdown this year has switched to them and feels they hit harder then the superbs nuff said...

Back