Hidefspex

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have asked before, but is it worth buying the 46N then ips ? How does it handle orange against sky ?

I may have asked before, but is it worth buying the 46N then ips ? How does it handle orange against sky ?
​Have looked through this colour at usual ground and wasn't blown away by it. Didn't seem to be a eureka moment.

​Rightly or wrongly that is not the important factor for me. What is important is I want to see the target as clearly and distinctly as I can as early as I can. For tis reason I use the purple lens because, in my opinion or should I just say for me, it gives better definition of an orange target against a green background. What  happens after that is not important because I have locked on to the target and although there may be better colours for defining the orange target against the beautiful blue sky we get down here the difference does not lead to you losing the target as it were. Again others may have a different opinion of that because everybody has a slightly different colour perception.

Indeed.

I don't seem to be able to find a lens that works at you know we're due to the varying background.  Whatever you choose is a compromise and that imo is the case every were.

Personally I find a yellow tint is the best compromise for most backgrounds :)

So why do I keep changing them to red, to orange, to light purple, to dark purple, to clear and back to yellow!! Grrrrrrrrr!!

I think I need to buy some Pilla Panter X2's coz I can't afford to buy more than one lens :)

DT

I have concluded the best option all things considered is ones naked eye. Many layouts I shoot on have multi coloured back ground ie grass then ploughed feild then sky therefore whatever lens you use is wrong for one of them. If I could find a good quality clear pair with no visible bridge that is what I would wear all the time. 
We'll woopy doo I found just the job at Evans at Bisley. Pivlok tactical v2 clear lens and a very close to pilla blaze orange 85 for £80 including case. Very light very comfy very good clarity. 

Wore them on Sunday in changeable light and can honestly say for me personally they worked a treat I was not affected by the changes at all as my naked eye seemed to adjust much better than when a coloured lens was in front so for me point proven.

I may have a four lens set of pilla panther no post for sale totally unmarked and a good price for the right home.

We'll woopy doo I found just the job at Evans at Bisley. Pivlok tactical v2 clear lens and a very close to pilla blaze orange 85 for £80 including case. Very light very comfy very good clarity.

Wore them on Sunday in changeable light and can honestly say for me personally they worked a treat I was not affected by the changes at all as my naked eye seemed to adjust much better than when a coloured lens was in front so for me point proven.

I may have a four lens set of pilla panther no post for sale totally unmarked and a good price for the right home.
​ips, STILL am unable to PM you. Please do NOT do anything hasty regarding glasses. Just for your Info., move house on 26th. so things a bit hectic at present. W.

Ok Keith 

Will await pm when admin fix it.

I ain't had any forum working for 24hrs 

Tried pm but mine still not working. Getting a bit miffed now.

Latest posts

Back