Hello from Lancs/Beds

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LancsLad

Hello all,Well a bit about me. I grew up in Lancashire and still own a home there but have worked near Bedford for the past 2 1/2 years coming back to Lancs to see my kids. I'm lucky to work a 9 day fortnight so get every other Friday off (this week is great as bank holiday Monday and a Friday off to give a 3 day week).A friend from work took me clay pigeon shooting before Christmas (and a coupele of times since) to Risely/Sporting targets just north of Bedford. First outing I used his Hatsan and Beretta A391 Teknys Gold Semi Auoto's and did well with the beretta as it just felt quality and was heavier/fit better. Second time out I hired an MK38 grade 1 and didn't get on with it (was looking down the side of rib rather than along it). Third time out hired the Browning B525. Fit was very nice and I shot well with it. We don't do all stands like a comp we just pick a few in each section and walk around shooting 75 to 100 clays. We don't count hit/miss ratio and we're just shooting for fun. If we struggle on a presentation we might stay on it till we hit or walk to the next one. This has encouraged me to get in to clay pigeon shooting and apply for my licence. Because of my living situation I've had to apply to Lancashire for my certificate (I'm registered to vote up here) and needed to visit my Dr to get a cert to say I'm not going to go mental (suffered depression when ex left me and took kids away, even though I see them every 2 weeks). That was 3 years ago and am passed It now but they still want a cert. so I took this week off and came back to Lancs. Saw him Wednesday morning and he sees no probs with me applying for or owning a shotgun so wrote the letter straight away. So application was submitted 2 hrs later 
smile.png
.I arranged a lesson up at Kelbrook shooting school where they have to B525 as a demo gun and had 50 carts/clays. He took me round and showed me a variety of targets on the sporting layout (nothing in the extreme difficulty) and I hit 43/50. He said my misses were due to not being aggressive on the shot and waiting to long to hit the clay which would make me roll across when firing and miss high right. When I was aggressive I hit no problem. From what I saw they had a great sporting and ABT set up and I will be visiting again on a Friday before picking the kids up.Cant wait for my licence to come though  :smile:

I won't be shy. I'm just reading back through the forums so that I don't repeat often asked questions (the things every newbie asks). Or if I do it will be to clarify a bit I don't understand.

I won't be shy. I'm just reading back through the forums so that I don't repeat often asked questions (the things every newbie asks). Or if I do it will be to clarify a bit I don't understand.
Don't worry about asking silly questions. We all started at the same place.

You may get the odd tut from some but ignore it. Even if it has been asked before,  you may get different answers now as people's views change.

I've picked a lot of guns up this week and the B525 is the closest fit for me off the shelf. Before visiting Kelbrook Shooting school I was forcing myself to fit the gun rather than the gun fitting me. Michael pointed this out to me even though he could of salesman'd me to a gun £100 more when my SGC comes through. Advice like this makes we want to support him rather than maybe trying to get a cheaper deal "on't t'internet". 

Damn, only back in Lancashire for a week and it's coming through in my typing.

Mike is a good bloke he won't sell you anything unless it's right for you. 

Ps 

Welcome aboard.

Just be aware there are a lot on here south of the watford gap :angel:   

Latest posts

Back