Hello all.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brand New

Hi all at Shoot Clay. I have been reading the forum for a while and as I am very keen to take up shooting once again after a 30 year lay off,I thought that maybe some one would be kind enough to offer some advice. 

I took proper tuition from a good coach when I first learned to shoot and I have recently had a lesson with a coach at a shooting school,which went very well. My partner had a lesson too and it was the first time she had ever shot. She really enjoyed it and we were both keen to have regular lessons. Then a few days later my partner had a nasty accident and broke her collar bone,weeks later it is still not mended enough for her to shoot yet,so things are on hold a little while until she is right.

We have both recently applied for our shotgun certs and are about to purchase and install a gunsafe,so any advice on that topic would be well appreciated as would any advice on buying our first gun.

Thanks all.

welcome

gun cabinet ideally installed in bedroom or utility room anywere out of sight of casual visitors, also secured to brick or block load bearing wall. On inspection by feo do not let him see you get your keys or tell him were they are.

go to reputable dealer preferably local to you and let them guide you on gun purchase. Buy the best you can afford / justify but be prepared to chop it in after a year as the first one is generally not right and or you will by then aspire to something else.

ian

you have been lurking for a while then ?

she is very well thank you. Work in progress but were both learning together ;)

We have met elsewhere Ian. Thanks again for the advice,sounds good advice to me.

ps

were in the country are you that will help us to advise on a reputable dealer.

I now know who Mr brand new is and he will be a real asset to our gundog section so Ian I hope you will become active in our brand new (see what I did there) gundog section :)

Gunsafe purchased and ready for installation. We have a small third bedroom which I use as my office. It has an outside load bearing wall and can be sited  in a corner. Question is do I need to bolt it to the floor boards as well?

Also a question as to the keys and key holder. Both my partner and I have applied for shotgun certificates and intend keeping our guns in the same safe. Is this OK? And if so then we both need access to the keys.

Advice appreciated.

Gunsafe purchased and ready for installation. We have a small third bedroom which I use as my office. It has an outside load bearing wall and can be sited  in a corner. Question is do I need to bolt it to the floor boards as well?

Also a question as to the keys and key holder. Both my partner and I have applied for shotgun certificates and intend keeping our guns in the same safe. Is this OK? And if so then we both need access to the keys.

Advice appreciated.
My son and I both have certificates and use the same safe. No problems.

Hello and Welcome and enjoy! You will both have fun starting out together.....

Advice appreciated.
If you have good wall fixings then no you don't.

Both my wife and I have certs and use the same cabinets.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Bit premature perhaps but I have read about the semi-autos being low on recoil and wondered if my partner should consider one as she is only just recovering from a broken clavicle? Perhaps the added weight of one would not be of merit 

Does anyone on here actually shoot one? Or are they just nothing but a vermin gun?

personally I see no advantage with an auto as a well fitted gun with light loads 24g or even 21g should give pretty much the similar effect re low recoil. Many will disagree in fact Westley is probably the best to advise on this cos he uses an auto due to being generally broken.

Back