Had its day?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I will be out with a bunch of lads on Sunday at Court Farm, first time in 2 months come and say hello if you see me ( I will be the one with the weird looking gun and shootclay patch on the front of my vest ).

No one can know everything and no question is a stupid question.

I don't have the means or time to shoot regularly, so Shootclay let's me enjoy my sport vicariously.

I am definitely guilty of lurking and not posting enough. It can be off putting when some members could start an argument with themselves in a dark room.

Furthest travelled to a shoot probably Southern Counties.

Didn't know there was an option to donate to the site Matt throw a link up for us phone users, I don't generally use a pc.

Anyway the sun is making an effort so I might do a bit of dry mounting to get the old bones moving again.

22c537cc8c1341a03ff8601081e9b72f.jpg
cc8a9419a43b3838d4311212bc88d240.jpg
1a1d4a969937d717713288c1bf0fa895.gif

sent from ma fone wiv ma fingaz

e0fa01ec999cfd46981e8fe820e51ccb.jpg

This crops up on every forum I have been a part of, especially on niche hobbies and subjects. 

The short answer is no and its will always be no. For the reasons that everyone expressed above. 

If it's had its day for you then fine. Forumites come and go, forums remain. 

jan  give the forum a rest for a while  , its nice to catch up then ,    social media generally becomes boring after so long .   but our general interest of shooting will always win through !! check out my mint gun for sale on shootbay .  :wink:

If you do not find this forum of any interest to you, stay away, take a break and then come back with new enthusiasm and ask questions or give us the benefit of your expertise.

I have bought Shooting Times for more than sixty years , they actually now reprint articles from nearly that long ago , so I am considering not buying any shooting magazines at all , because they are all repetitive .

I have bought Shooting Times for more than sixty years , they actually now reprint articles from nearly that long ago , so I am considering not buying any shooting magazines at all , because they are all repetitive .
Now see - if you'd kept them all you could just go back to the first one and it would all be new again!!!   :pleasantry:

I have kept all or most of them  :smile:

Wife is not happy about that situation at all.

I wonder if it effects house insurance ( Fire hazard?)

Archery sub forum would be good. Though I havent shot for a few years i can still vaguely remember what im doing....not a sport for those that moan about spending more than an hour for a round of sporting though....  :D

How about air rifles and car sub forums? 

No way but what is need is more reasonable discussions about general shooting and the thoughts of shooters. I still come on if I have a problem and ask for advice... in fact had it not been for this place I would not be doing as well as I am score wise. There are some very knowledgeable people on the forum and they give out good info. Another thing is that people have to be thick skinned. I love a good debate with pretty heated differences of opinion BUT these differences have to be accepted otherwise the whole thing just falls apart. For example I don't mind a long winded post where someone tries to get the nuts and bolts of their point over other prefer a short post that explain little of their thinking but is to the point. I will say we need more posts on choke , shot string to be honest any controversial aspect of the shooting science ... it really brings out the thoughts of the poster :)  

One thing I do dislike is people who just say you are talking sh*te. Fair enough disagree but lets keep it civil if you don't agree try to find the correct way of saying so! We all must remember shooting is not an exact science for most and people will always see an aspect of shooting that others do not. Just because someone has been shooting for a long time or they make good scores does not entitle them nor does it mean they are actually correct in what they are saying... although it may apply to them personally.
john your talking shoiit ?

just my little input ???

If you personally think the forum has had its day,simply log out. Other people may still find its contents and archive interesting. Each to their own but I find the forum interesting and light hearted fun. Suppose if you have been shooting for 40 years and have tried every gun and never miss,then this forum is obsolete to you.

1 minute ago, Brand New said:
If you personally think the forum has had its day,simply log out. Other people may still find its contents and archive interesting. Each to their own but I find the forum interesting and light hearted fun. Suppose if you have been shooting for 40 years and have tried every gun and never miss,then this forum is obsolete to you.

This... I've grown out of junior disprin, I don't run round Boots telling them they aren't any good anymore.

Thanks everyone for comments - love to see that people still find it useful. If you don't, take a break - I'll still love you up.  

I have shot for 40 years and rarely miss but I still think the forum is great ?

oh, I have had in excess of twenty guns as well ?

I have shot for 40 years and rarely miss but I still think the forum is great ?

oh, I have had in excess of twenty guns as well ?
Guess were not talking sporting here  :rolleyes:

Love the forum although sometimes it can feel like groundhog day!

Not going anywhere soon,guess that will disappoint a few  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess were not talking sporting here  :rolleyes:

Love the forum although sometimes it can feel like groundhog day!

Not going anywhere soon,guess that will disappoint a few  :lol:
were defo not talking sporting mate ?

cack at that ?

I have kept all or most of them  :smile:

Wife is not happy about that situation at all.

I wonder if it effects house insurance ( Fire hazard?)
Nah,                 they are NOT likely to explode in bulk  !

There you go  !    Exactly like wot I said.

Archery sub forum would be good. Though I havent shot for a few years i can still vaguely remember what im doing....not a sport for those that moan about spending more than an hour for a round of sporting though....  :D

I suppose we would 'bow' to your superior knowledge then  ?

Oh god spare us the Archery,one of my employees bores me to death with archery club of 6 members in the village hall. More excitement with a pea shooter.

I have lurked here before joining, have learnt a huge amount and will keep reading and joining in.  Forums and the members do go in cycles and I am sure this one is no different and see some repeated threads and opinions.

Please keep the forum going as I hope there are many like me who value the information, members opinions, often quite challenging opinions, all contributions and the sense of humour.

This from a one eyed bloke on the verge of retirement who has only been shooting shotguns for a couple of years and has loads to question and learn.  

Oh god spare us the Archery,one of my employees bores me to death with archery club of 6 members in the village hall. More excitement with a pea shooter.
That's because people, as a rule, take it faaaaar too seriously. Essentially got sidelined and derided in my first club because I didn't want to compete, just wanted to rock up on or two Saturdays a month and shoot my 'non competative' horse bow or afb. Similar in other clubs, although not as bad and usually balanced by other more casual members. Clubs round here are a little.... stuffy... so not picked it up again since moving. Then discovered shotguns. Which are much more fun. And shockingly, less stuffy.... 

On the plus side had some great evenings drinking ale (responsibly *cough*) and lobbing some twigs down a range with some beardy weirdies and their war bows. 

It is good fun in the right company. 

Short answer.....no 

Don't take this the wrong way but I very much doubt that you know everything about shooting.
I don't and I've never claimed I do. That's not really the point.

Like others, I've learned some useful information from this site. The problem is, we're now just going over the same old ground and it loses its lustre. It's good to see some suggestions from Matt as to how to make the site more interesting. Let's hope, now that we're discussing it, we can see a little more information that'll appeal to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back