Genuine question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motivation or a lack of it will make a massive difference of how well you shoot, that's supposing you can shoot well.😀

I find that one of the main things is to try to isolate 1 problem at a time and work that out. Shoot a registered and then look over your card and work out what has lost you the most targets. This could be anything from a certain type of bogey target, a concentration issue, miss reading targets, lack of preparation outside the cage, hopd and kill points, methid used. If you can isolate a individual problem there is then a wealth of knowledge on line, on YouTube, in magazines to fix that issue. Work on that problem till you have it bottomed out, then analyse a card again and approach the next issue. It takes time but slowly you work it all out and your shooting generally improves.
Lot of total twaddle on YouTube too. More so recently 

I find that one of the main things is to try to isolate 1 problem at a time and work that out. Shoot a registered and then look over your card and work out what has lost you the most targets. This could be anything from a certain type of bogey target, a concentration issue, miss reading targets, lack of preparation outside the cage, hopd and kill points, methid used. If you can isolate a individual problem there is then a wealth of knowledge on line, on YouTube, in magazines to fix that issue. Work on that problem till you have it bottomed out, then analyse a card again and approach the next issue. It takes time but slowly you work it all out and your shooting generally improves.
I agree it’s sensible to figure out if anything obvious is a problem, or if there is a pattern. For me, I think I’m actually trying TOO hard to maintain performance. If I look at my card from yesterday, it had 12 misses on it.  NONE of them were on the first pair. The worst pairs were 4th pair. Fairly good evidence that I’m doing most things right in a technical sense, then my head gets in the way. So for tomorrow I’m going to try and reset my mind between pairs. 

Went out for some relaxed practice at Doveridge today and received some great advice from Paul Bailey (thank you sir!)

Practice went really well, I tried to clear my head as much as possible and get back to basics, breaking the shot down and focussing on the process and not the outcome. 

It’s very true that for some of us, our heads can become filled with clutter which can then lead to so many questions over our abilities. 

Good luck next week in Germany Paul, and safe travels. 

Lot of total twaddle on YouTube too. More so recently 
Yeah should have put a pre curser on that for every decent video there 5 garbage ones. My go to sources are your content (youtube and subscription page), the smoking barrels series with yourself and Mark and the few bits Ed is on. Not a fan of David Florent and Gil Ash, Georges stuff isn't for me either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back