Game Fair - Ragley Hall

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markh701

Did it live up to the hype?

what were the good and bad points for you?

went Saturday 

good points

weather

plenty of food outlets

bad points

very spread out

no obvious opportunity to try before you buy.

no beretta or browning stand

end of show was 6pm which I thought was a bit early.

50 bird sporting looked a bit close but saw plenty missed!

Seemed like the big players were signed up for the Stoneleigh Fair,unfortunately someone pulled the plug on it at a very late hour.........

I thought the shooting was priced far too cheaply maybe it was because you could shoot it without wearing a hat , ear protection, or safety glasses, like some of the referees did for example.

Sign posting was very poor , but I did think it was very well laid out , plenty of space for families, invalid carriages and people with dogs to walk around without being jostled.Nice to see Adam Henson taking an interest , sorry not to see Chris Packham , he obviously has no interest in Country matters.

I may go to see him at Blenheim to give him a tongue lashing.

I went yesterday and enjoyed the day.  I did notice that there weren't many gun manufacturers there - I only saw Fausti (unless I missed them).  No Browning, Beretta. CG, H & H or Purdey to name but a few.  The dealer count seemed lower than before also, maybe some had signed up to the Stoneleigh event and couldn't re-schedule easily.  There was lots going on but it didn't need to be any more expensive to enter. I agree about the closing time as the PA guy kept urging people to leave after 6, I left at 7. I didn't buy any food but it's always expensive because of the cost of actually having a stall there has to be passed on.  I did buy a gun though.

I took the family on Saturday, and they had a great day out. The Gunmakers' Row was definitely rather lightweight in dealers compared with the last CLA show at Blenheim, but I think Tim's got a point that perhaps everyone had their eye on the unfortunate Stoneleigh event. That said, I still found a nice air rifle with a few quid off on the day. Ta Ta, tree-rats.

We went on Friday, pre ordered tickets using my CPSA number and got a fiver off each.

I thought the show was a little bit too spaced out between the different sections The gun makers, Fishing gundogs etc. Didn't do the clay line quite glad really as it seemed a bit stiffly priced. Decided that I am getting  a new Bentley SUV after  I sell the house as there should be enough room to live in the back. The wife decided that she wants the E Type that was there but again there is the small matter of £236,000 that they want for it.

As for the gun manufacturers, there seemed to be only the high end/bespoke ones there. Have ordered a set of ear plugs from Mercury Hearing which were on offer. In general me and the wife enjoyed the show and the chance to look at different things/activities which you don't normally get to see.

Went friday ,thought the clay line was a good mix,bit gutted on the sportrap again great targets.No amature pro classes just open with prizes down to first place.The rest of the faiir was a good food show in generall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went on Saturday 

Weather was lovely, had a good day out with the family.

Food was the usual rubbish that cost a fortune,

The show seemed spread over a huge area and meant loads of walking.

The shooting....

Targets were set well, it was run very well and I enjoyed shooting it. However the prices were a bit stupid and the prizes weren't very good for the entry fee.

The rabbit mania & grouse challenge did however include free ammo in the price which was good.

Gun Makers Row....

I saw a sign "Gun Makers Row >>"

Headed in that direction walked up and down looking for the famous gun makers row only to be told I'd been up and down it 3 times!!!

I couldn't believe that there were litterally hardly an gun makers there at all.

Unfortunately it looks like they haven't learnt anything from all the Discussions last year.

Very disappointed with you Mr Gibbs...............obviously the wrong lens choice to spot us all on the Perazzi HPX and  Perugini & Visini stand! :cool:

Ragley was good for us........... 3 new product launches on the stand.

P&V Suprema HVR             JJ's Diamond Masters              Magic Bore

Some good sales, trial bookings and interest across the three days.............surprisingly, Sunday was the best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very disappointed with you Mr Gibbs...............obviously the wrong lens choice to spot us all on the Perazzi HPX and  Perugini & Visini stand! :cool:
I saw E J Churchills, Atkin Grant & Lang and a couple of others but nothing like usual.

I didn't see a Perazzi stand? But I'm not a P Gun fan anyway if I'm honest

Back