fujairah

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a look on Shotgunworld but there was no video. Someone mentioned that the winners were paid in cash.😲  

I was one of the referees and to the best of my knowledge all prizes were cash, as for video, no one came to the layout I was on to do any filming. Only images I’ve seen were taken by Don Brunt, check out his website if you’re interested.

I was one of the referees and to the best of my knowledge all prizes were cash, as for video, no one came to the layout I was on to do any filming. Only images I’ve seen were taken by Don Brunt, check out his website if you’re interested.
Oh you lucky chap, would imagine it was very pleasant out there in sun

Richard, whilst the temperature was perfect, a balmy 25c the wind was a massive pain for all, I was reffing “ water peg 3 “ and the reflection of the sun on the water coupled with facing south into the wind and sun, I ended up with “arc eyes “.

while it was a stiff shoot, one or two tweaks would have made it a great shoot

Richard, whilst the temperature was perfect, a balmy 25c the wind was a massive pain for all, I was reffing “ water peg 3 “ and the reflection of the sun on the water coupled with facing south into the wind and sun, I ended up with “arc eyes “.

while it was a stiff shoot, one or two tweaks would have made it a great shoot
Oh hope you are over it / well and that it sounds worse that it actually is? Please, if able do offer a more detailed report, tales are a bit thin on ground, know a few that went, good shots yes but more as a jolly it seems. The dear old yanks offer little about the event also. Back to those eyes, if youd like I can try and get a full recording of last weeks Scotland / Wales 6N game for you, thought it was jolly decent TV 😉

If you’re on FB, type in fujairah shooting and quite a few people have put videos/photos of the layouts etc but not seen any of the actual shooting. 

If you’re on FB, type in fujairah shooting and quite a few people have put videos/photos of the layouts etc but not seen any of the actual shooting. 
disappointed it wasn't professionally filmed   the usa in particular nick berry do a fantastic job of videos ,   its the only way i could see such a high profile shoot .  congratulations to winners and all who participated   👋    

Seen some, alas all look as if it was in a worked out quarry, spent enough time in those, am sure it was a spectacle and those few I know that went had an highly enjoyable time / break. 

Seen some, alas all look as if it was in a worked out quarry, spent enough time in those, am sure it was a spectacle and those few I know that went had an highly enjoyable time / break. 
The terrain was varied, from shooting over water to a mountain backdrop. Eco clays were used throughout, and with the underside being a nice light brown in colour they were at time’s extremely difficult to see. 
Hull’s new biodegradable cartridge was used throughout the competition, and a fair few competitors noted that it had a “bit of a recoil “, now as the slabs of cartridges were delivered to us every morning and left in the sun all day, they may well have been cooked.

As I said earlier it was a good shoot, but a few tweaks would have made it a great shoot

The terrain was varied, from shooting over water to a mountain backdrop. Eco clays were used throughout, and with the underside being a nice light brown in colour they were at time’s extremely difficult to see. 
Hull’s new biodegradable cartridge was used throughout the competition, and a fair few competitors noted that it had a “bit of a recoil “, now as the slabs of cartridges were delivered to us every morning and left in the sun all day, they may well have been cooked.

As I said earlier it was a good shoot, but a few tweaks would have made it a great shoot
I think it was eley eco wads that were used. 

I'm not sure that climate and terrain really lends itself to clay shooting. They're exactly the conditions I'd avoid in this country! I remember once shooting in a quarry one hot July day and it was really uncomfortable. It would have taken a welding mask to block out the glare!

PM.

Latest posts

Back