yildiz

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

i like the look of the yildiz pro black M/S   ( modern sporter )  good video from premier guns     good comb height etc  grade 4 or upgrade to grade 5 wood   good price , any one else impressed ?    

They look very nice, but be prepared to take quite a hit if you decide to move it on later if buying new, and I know you take a hit with any brand but 🤪

Might pay to have a look at the second hand ones available with someone who's already taken the hit

I very briefly had a Pro Black, stock finish is terrible to be honest, trigger pulls not that good really and it was a stout kicker with me 😧

Back up from the importer is good though and factory extended chokes are only £25 each.

I lost £500 on it😨

I can recommend a s/hand Zoli Kronos gun, which are very well made 😃

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/CLizcOcknV0?feature=oembed

To be honest you're not paying Perazzi price though. Looks like a Perazzi is all you should expect 

They look very nice, but be prepared to take quite a hit if you decide to move it on later if buying new, and I know you take a hit with any brand but 🤪

Might pay to have a look at the second hand ones available with someone who's already taken the hit
I have just had the exact same experience with a 20 bore Ceasar Guerini,  which was bought second hand. It has been up for sale for some 12 months and I had to take a bigger hit than expected.  Probably the biggest drop on ANY  gun over the last 60 years.  I would never touch anything outside of the top 5 makers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly Westley I was looking at a CG game gun, although 12g not 20, side plated with a colour case finish . It was in the same price range as a Miroku MK11 game which is a contender but I don’t like  game scene guns that much  .   I’ve not taken the plunge yet . 

If you don’t mind me asking as a percentage, not pounds , what depreciation did you take on the CG?

It's a myth that the top name guns will resale better, you need to sell them privately for that to happen, and they will have to be a few years old by then, taking in what the new price will be inflation wise.

No trade in will match what you think it's worth, they want to make something on it too remember, and under 12months and you will need to take 20% VAT off the new price anyway

But with the top named ones you may have a better chance of selling them privately, but only up to a certain price point, as people like the security of buying from a dealer when it's over their comfort range price wise.

To be honest you're not paying Perazzi price though. Looks like a Perazzi is all you should expect 
I agree the reason i stated it was that i have seen all sorts including "Johnny do i get one free🤔" saying how wonderful they are .

Its a £1500 pound gun,i am sure some balance and feel better than others...

On 10/20/2022 at 5:08 PM, Mike said:

I very briefly had a Pro Black, stock finish is terrible to be honest, trigger pulls not that good really and it was a stout kicker with me 😧

Back up from the importer is good though and factory extended chokes are only £25 each.

I lost £500 on it😨

I can recommend a s/hand Zoli Kronos gun, which are very well made 😃

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/CLizcOcknV0?feature=oembed
I have just lost a lot more than that on a Ceasar Guerini 20 bore  !

I have just lost a lot more than that on a Ceasar Guerini 20 bore  !
What annoyed me is that the shop had three buyers wanting the gun at the same time. It would have been better for me to sell it like an auction 😐

I have had mine for a year.

32 inch grade 5 adjustable.

I refinished the stock when I got it (lockdown).

I've added about 5 ounces of weight in the stock, to suit my balance preference.

Very nicely finished inside. Nice case, cheap chokes.

I love it, I shoot it well, got me into AA at club level.

This was a couple of months after I got it.

IMG_20210404_140310.jpg

Good to hear that you are shooting it well.

I just could not get on with the level of recoil but they are a bargain and seem to have no problems.

Back