Four Counties Fitasc 30th Jun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob_P

Can't remember the last time we shot in short sleeves, so it was a very welcome change to have some hot and sunny weather today.

Great course around Four Counties, made even more pleasant with some great company sharing the ups & downs of Fitasc. Thanks to Matt, Gav, Tony, Rob & Ken for a very enjoyable day out.

Targets were a good mix, rabbits in the woods, a tricky battue that was difficult to see in the bright light, and a good selection of standards and midis. Some good course setting, and the usual very polite troop of referrees and scorers.

I managed my usual meltdown on a few pegs, think I need some mental training :gamer:   Finished on a 78 in the end, it should have been a few better, but that's how Fitasc goes for me at the moment.

Glad you enjoyed it Bob - and in the money too!

The results were:

High Gun; Pete Hurst 96  (the only person to straight a layout - twice!)

Ladies High Gun:  Sarah White  81

Vets High Gun:  Ian Stones  89  (good to see you again Ian!)

Juniors High Gun: Richard Lane  76

A Class:  John Pool 87

Matt Hance 86

B Class:   Rick Wyatt 90

Pete Abel  86

C Class:   Martin Bowles  86

JRG Smith/H Tott  82

D Class:  Bob Pearson  78

Paul Gendall 76

Berkshire Champions:  Men's: Rick Wyatt, Ladies: Nicky Gryspeerdt, Vets:  Malcon Dobson & Juniors:  Karl Miles.

Lovely day!  Weather terrific and a good crowd attending!

Hope to see you all next time!

Was a good day out at a great ground with great company and great weather, second time for me at this FITASC lark and think it could grow on me but ESP will always be my game :) I finished on a sloppy 70, should of been a few more but it does help if one looks in the right direction for the targets !

A most enjoyable day all in all :)

I concur with the above, great day, great company, really good course.  Same old story for me though - I was leading D class half way through with a 42/50, then... the wheels came off.  Probably still rolling around the Berkshire countryside.  Finished with a 7 at the front, but should have been a lot more.  But a good day, nonetheless.  Thanks to the gang, and to Brian and Sue and their team of excellent staff (and the burgers are the BEST!)

(Robo's Dad Ken shot out of his skin for his first FSP - well done mate!)

Really enjoyed the day. With a great squad in lovely surroundings in the sunshine. Went out with a very relaxed start maybe too relaxed and scored two 17s but scored a bit better later with two 20s. So finsished on a 74 dropping 4 crows and a rabbit was sloppy shooting but hitting the close driven made up for it. Thanks to sue and brian and the shootclay squad for a thouroghly good day out.

As always - fantastic day at 4C's - didn't shoot very well - but a great squad, some fine weather and the usual Four Counties hospitality made up for it.  

Back