Blackpool Sporting Clays 12.10.14 - Lancashire Championship

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky T

Having not visited the ground for approximately two years, I ventured out to Blackpool Sporting Clays yesterday; lured by the fact that Andy, the owner, has a reputation for setting a challenging course and the fact that there was a county badge to be won ;)

We weren't to be disappointed; the course consisted of 12 stands (10 x 4 pair and 2 x 5 pair), with a good variety of targets on offer featuring everything from quartering away battues and angled teals to close rabbits and fast low loopers with limited time to shoot them. It was pitched excellently; never did it once feel relentless and there was nothing that couldn't be hit hard with 8's through 5/8th choke.

The reffing was almost as impressive as the targets. All polite and courteous, some a little more methodical than others meaning we had the luxury of watching a few people shoot in front of you. Thankfully the weather was very kind staying dry and bright throughout; unexpected to say the least for October up North!

Despite the good weather not a single target was affected by the sun; testament to Andy and his ability as a course setter and very much appreciated.

I shot an 86 so did not finish not too far off the pace; three away on my first stand and four away on the platform stand made it hard work, but i was pleased to keep concentration on the remaining ten stands and still bump the average up ready for December. 

Brett Davies, Kevin Clarke and Joe Emmott all tied on 90 for High Gun. Kevin and Joe both being from Lancashire, had to shoot off for County honours; something that Joe hoped to travel back for, having already left the ground. Joe didn't make it in time, so Kevin won by default taking the Lancashire Championships.

All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable round; well done to all involved both at Blackpool Sporting Clays and the North Region CPSA for arranging it and assisting in putting it on. Looking forward to future fixtures there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good report Nick

Just to let you know Joe didn't make it back on time so I won it by default

Kev

Yes, excellent report and great shoot. Hope Andy puts more registered events on.

Well done Kevin, Grimsargh rules!

Back