FITASC Taster - January 14th - Wylye SG

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep - and I'll be using the patented Tobi-Wan 'coat on in between in each stand' technique which I have been employing recently...

Good afternoon all. I make that nine then? Format: arrive for 11am for bacon sarnies and coffee. Half an hour in the clubhouse (in the warm for Wendy if she's coming) Talk through basic rules and booking on procedure, etiquette, how the day will run etc. Outside to a layout we have set up on the ground to shoot through as a demo and then shoot it properly with enforced rules! There will be 13 singles, which in theory could use up 26 cartridges, plus 6 doubles. Shoot it twice - 3 boxes max. Any questions/queries, don't hesitate to contact me. See you in the morning.

Enforced rules! You are masterful Ian... I might stick around and have a bit of a practice round anyway - but looking forward to seeing everyone there.

wylye said:

Good afternoon all. I make that nine then? Format: arrive for 11am for bacon sarnies and coffee. Half an hour in the clubhouse (in the warm for Wendy if she's coming) Talk through basic rules and booking on procedure, etiquette, how the day will run etc. Outside to a layout we have set up on the ground to shoot through as a demo and then shoot it properly with enforced rules! There will be 13 singles, which in theory could use up 26 cartridges, plus 6 doubles. Shoot it twice - 3 boxes max. Any questions/queries, don't hesitate to contact me. See you in the morning.
  Looking forward to it Ian , thanks for setting it up for us

Wendy's getting her thermals ready./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif Looking forward to meeting up.

shootclay admin said:

Enforced rules! You are masterful Ian...I might stick around and have a bit of a practice round anyway - but looking forward to seeing everyone there.
 I was thinking the same Matt ( practice round) as some of them targets off the bank beat me up every time ! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gifSee you all in the morning /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Cool - if JonSkeet is up for it (we're car sharing) - then I'll stick around for a while and get some practice in.

This sounds excellent, Ian. I love a bit of etiquette too - not heard the FITASC version.

shootclay admin said:

Cool - if JonSkeet is up for it (we're car sharing) - then I'll stick around for a while and get some practice in.
Cool with me, I shall bring extra bullets and am upping the anti to Modified ;)  Thanks for putting this on Ian, very much appreciated :)  I will also be bringing duct tape for anyone, myself included, a FITASC line ;)  See you all tomorrow :)  Jon.

Have fun everyone. Matt don't forget to post some pics if you get chance to take any. Enjoy. Daz.

JonSkeet said:

shootclay admin said:
Cool with me, I shall bring extra bullets and am upping the anti to Modified
;)  Thanks for putting this on Ian, very much appreciated
:)  I will also be bringing duct tape for anyone, myself included, a FITASC line
;)  See you all tomorrow
:)  Jon.
Don't worry about the duct tape Jon, we have a roll of tape in a very fetching red!

He carries his duct tape everywhere... just in case he needs to 'restrain' someone

Hazel's bringing her camera tomorrow so should get some good pics, I might even be able to put them on here but I seem to have problems getting them to show! Andy

I'll help get them online Andy - I want to do a report for the main part of the site as well...

Bag of shells and bits and pieces sorted. Probably leave around 09.30 which will give me a few mins spare in case I become temporarily misplaced

shootclay admin said:

I'll help get them online Andy - I want to do a report for the main part of the site as well...
Matt,Hazel can bring her laptop, no internet access unfortunately, so if you bring a memory stick you can take them away.Andy

All this talk of Fitasc, I thought maybe I should have a go in 2012. First stop West London. They want £65!!!!!Let's reopen the old wound.. Fitasc, why twice the cost of ESP?Wylye Ian, interesting to hear your thoughts..CSC3

Hi Will, I'll have a crack as this to see what I can remember from today: Firstly the entries have to be capped, most grounds can only accommodate an old format layout so the maximum number of shooters is capped at 72 and they will take longer to shoot 100FSP targets than 100ESP targets, add to that the cost of the additional costs of ground staff and referees.  The same ground could put on an ESP shoot and put 150 shooters through in less time so it's far more commercially viable. It also seemed to me that far more clays are thrown for the first shooter on the peg (5) as opposed to 2 in ESP plus some more of the pairs if they are a different presentation then when shot as a single which will add cost. Ultimately it seems that FITASC is just not as commercially viable profit wise for the ground owner, £65 is towards the upper end of the price but I can sort of understand why. It's not just the costs of the clays, ground staff, referees etc.  the reduced footfall will also reduce the profit from cartridge sales, food drinks etc. I really enjoyed the day today and my first foray into FSP, Ian did a great job :)  Now I have shot it I can see the appeal, would I pay £65 to shoot it? no, £45-£50 yes but I can now see where the other disciplines of STR, Compak, Compac and those inbetween come into play.  I have shot STR before but that comes in at Sporting money as you have 4 squads of 5 shooting at one time vs 1 person on each layout in FSP. I'm sure Ian will remind me of what I forgot and add far more info :)  Cheers, Jon.

Back