First Club Comp

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

So I've entered my first ever club comp for Sunday. Looking forward to it. Only a 50 bird sporting + flush. Not sure on that second part.

Should be a nice easing into competitive shooting. Any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just enjoy yourself and try and shoot your natural and normal way.

After all, it’s not like it’s the Olympic trials so just have a good Sunday competing at a sport you enjoy and have a fantastic day.

H

Well I had a thoroughly enjoyable morning!

Not knowing anyone I was placed into a squad. The guys were all very friendly and explained if I had any questions.

We started with a flush, 10 birds per person in the squad, all in a line, shoot at anything you see. I think the theory was that was to be included in the scores but it was really just used as a warm up.

Then followed 50 sporting targets across 5 stands. A report B x2, B report A x2, then finish with a sim pair on every stand.

I shot 38 out of 50, dropping the first 4 targets on my first stand until I settled in. No straights, but 2 stands with 9 out of 10.

Back to the clubhouse for the prizes and scratch high gun was 46. They had a handicapped 1st, 2nd and 3rd and the man who took first was in my squad and also shot 38. So I'm kidding myself that if I had shot a comp before and had a handicap established I may have been in the prizes!

Although I would feel terrible taking a prize of someone who actually shot more targets than me.

Can't wait for the next competition. Shooting individually is fun but I knew the competitive side would hook me.

Thats a very respectable score in your first competition.Well done.

Thats a very respectable score in your first competition.Well done.
Thank you very much, I was happy with the way I shot. My first stand I dropped 4 in a row, which was my worst performance. But after that I felt really good and just enjoyed the experience. 

Latest posts

Back