Favourite shot size

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack Pyke runs for 5 days. If you are meeting up, also check the day! As far as I recall, you book on and they will fill the squad up  but not issue details beforehand.

Jack Pyke runs for 5 days. If you are meeting up, also check the day! As far as I recall, you book on and they will fill the squad up  but not issue details beforehand.
​Yes I think we are all on the Saturday from past conversations.  Thanks for info regarding squads.

I rang up and picked my squad time and filled it. The girl I spoke to said it was fine to allocate all 6 slots under my name and the members would ring up and add their names as and when (I knew 6 of us were going and wanted to be in the same squad). Did the same last year. Not a problem if you book early enough.

​I have noted 1 pm on my calendar in iPhone but I am thinking I will ring and just check that before the day.  Do they release squads before the competition or just let you know when you arrive?
Excellent. See you in the nosh room for a cuppa before hand. We'll be there in plenty of time as I'll only be 3 weeks post surgery (tomorrow?) and won't be able to rush. Thankfully I'm being chauffeur driven by a good friend so I can sprawl out in the back of his car ?

7 1/2 27g Hull superfast. IM and LF ( 5/8 & 3/4 ) 

Why Hull Superfast? Fast muzzle velocity, medium recoil  ( read - They're cheap, available, when I hit anything it breaks nicely and I fancy the orange box.  )

Why 7 1/2? It's a good compromise size  ( read - 'coz it's the only size the Hull Superfast comes in. )

Why IM and LF. They seem to pattern better in my gun with those particular cartridges.  ( read -  I can miss with them just as well as anything else ) 

Back