Fabarm XLR 5 Velocity

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonSkeet2

Hi All,

I have been wanting to change to a high rib setup for a few years but funds don't allow the Blaser F3 Pro or Kriegoff K80.

Spotted a guy shooting a high rib auto at the White Gold Cup on the Friday whilst refereeing but didn't get chance to talk to him as it was busy.

After looking around it turns out that it was the Fabarm XLR 5 Velocity, which offers the high rib and adjustable comb plus the balance system I have been looking for and at £2K is affordable.

I haven't been shooting much for the last year for various reasons and thinking that if i'm going to change guns now would be an ideal time.

Do any of you have any experience of this gun and Fabarm?  All my guns are auto's and like them but like the high rib.

Cheers,

Jon.

Hi Jon,

I'm pretty sure they're well under £2k so good news already, the current holder of both Fitasc and ESP Kent county titles shoots one  :)  to fantastic effect and even allowing for the fact that he tends to gel well with most (not all) guns it says something about the gun. 

I've had a go with his and others plus the mid height non adjustable version and they're great in the recoil department, they somehow look much larger than they actually handle and I wouldn't doubt for a minute that you would adapt very well. Having said all that I personally prefer the somewhat lower rib version because they seem to be more connected to both you and the clay but you may find the opposite. You ought to arrange to try both versions before buying.

JonSkeet

Check out the Shootbay section as there is one for sale at the moment for a lot less than £2K !!

DT

I shoot a blaser f3 supersport high rib cracking gun but it does take some getting used to switching from a flat rib gun some targets you will dust others you will not know were you are ,it takes time to know were the gun is on various targets .

Lovely gun as long as you can live with the sloppy feel of the gas parts, was explained to me but can't remember, other than that very high spec, adj lop trigger, good palmswell and adj rib shoot very nice but can't enter benelli spauto so not for me

Latest posts

Back