Essex Masters 2014

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykaysea

Only three months to go and already getting excited...in the main about the night between the two days...!!!

So got a squad booked for late Sat afternoon and then earlyish Sunday morning, stopping at The White Hart in Braintree, me, Calamity and Jason and three waifs and strays from the IOW....

Who else is going, and when, and do you want to come out to play on the Saturday night?

PS this is a vain attempt to stop us derailing the other threads....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks JKC for sharing personal info on the forum!!!! Onesie party? Don't think I've ever worn mine outside the house, meowwwww

Not sure what you have planned for Saturday night but last year at the worlds we hit a karaoke bar and had a blast. Warning, you will find it hard to extract the microphone from me. Lets arrange something fun!!!!

See you at Owls Lodge on Thursday.

Jx

No fun in Essex anymore..........

Not since i left & went North !!!!

All the fun is now in sunny Suffolk........NOT  million miles away from Braintree tho !!

:hi:   :hi:   :hi:

Planning on shooting the your Sunday morning round with a massive hangover ? Good luck with that ;)

Booked in for the Saturday at 9.20 am - do it all in one day and it will probably kill me.  I have only ever watched before - I am quite excited about it but at the same time terrified that I will blank every stand.  Nobody laugh at me if I do though.

Booked in for the Saturday at 9.20 am - do it all in one day and it will probably kill me.  I have only ever watched before - I am quite excited about it but at the same time terrified that I will blank every stand.  Nobody laugh at me if I do though.
You've got nothing at all to worry about; 200 in a day is easily do-able there as the courses are fair without too much walking in between stands. The gap in between courses is usually an hour so more than enough time to regroup if necessary. Have fun!

You've got nothing at all to worry about; 200 in a day is easily do-able there as the courses are fair without too much walking in between stands. The gap in between courses is usually an hour so more than enough time to regroup if necessary. Have fun!
It's not the amount of clays, I regularly shoot 200 each Sunday and on one glorious day did 550 but it's the concentration I am going to have to give to the process. I am told Mr Dyson likes to use a bit of deception and I am easily deceived!  I am really looking forward it though as is the hubby.

You'll be fine Sian - you know you can hit the 'deceptive' ones. Just make sure you're behind me so I can use your gun again if necessary. Thanks for the help on Sunday. Hoping to get my naughty gun back soon.

Only three months to go and already getting excited...in the main about the night between the two days...!!!

So got a squad booked for late Sat afternoon and then earlyish Sunday morning, stopping at The White Hart in Braintree, me, Calamity and Jason and three waifs and strays from the IOW....

Who else is going, and when, and do you want to come out to play on the Saturday night?

PS this is a vain attempt to stop us derailing the other threads....
Braintree.... you're brave.

Used to be my old stomping ground when I was a mere boy. (not that I'm a lot older now mind)  :)

Edit. BTW. I'm not allowed in the White Hart anymore, and most of the other decent pubs have closed down,

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the amount of clays, I regularly shoot 200 each Sunday and on one glorious day did 550 but it's the concentration I am going to have to give to the process. I am told Mr Dyson likes to use a bit of deception and I am easily deceived!  I am really looking forward it though as is the hubby.
Don't worry Sian am sure your not that easily deceived but just a few things

The clays they use are actually Essex clays which tend to be a bit harder to break so most people use 36g No5 and extra full choke, ITS THE ONLY WAY also be aware Mr Dyson if you meet him will try and sell you a vacuum cleaner! don't let him bully you!!  tell him you already have one he can be very persistent.

One other thing just a bit of advice I find will help your score remember the little  clay is far far away and the big clay is usually closer.

other then that good luck and hopefully see you guys there. :biggrin:    

You will be fine, just enjoy it as you always do....

If you can hang around for a beer in Braintree before you go home....be nice to have a conversation instead of a cyber chat....

Just rang to book on, waiting for a call back from John. I wanted to shoot the Sat but the lady I spoke to seems to think Sat is full.

I will find out later.

I phoned a few weeks ago to book two places on the Wednesday just a thought I take it there is no other confirmation other than the chap saying that is booked over the phone.

I think Tony did it by text and that was it - no confirmation so I assume we are on a list.

Booked onto this today. Friday 1050 squad.

It will be my first time at this event. Looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Back