Essex Masters 2013

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isle of Thanet?? Isle of Sheppey or Isle of Grain all abroad !!! :haha: :haha: :spiteful: :spiteful: How did you get on Hamid?
Didn't do it this year,  :(  just couldn't spare the whole day thing this time. 

I'm sure I saw somebody in the overseas category had shot 195 (97 & 98) of so why has he not won?
Andy you are quite right it did say 195 overseas,but it turns out it was John Dysons idea of a joke to try and wind George up.We stopped right till the end and we saw it getting changed later in the afternoon.

Kev

Very enjoyable shoot.
I think the scores show what a great course setter Dyson is. If you look how the scores spread out in the classes from AAA to C - I think that's a sign of a course being set to the right standard.

I shot 77 on black then 71 on red. Just couldn't manage to hit a straight all day. So end just below my average.
Chuffed with a 3/4 on the last stand on black (nailed the battue first shot) but ran out of steam by the last stand red 1/4 :(

Not so keen on crossing white clays. A favourite of Dyson's. Anyone know what colour lenses work best for them?

Interesting sim pair on red. Black and orange going away. Saw someone who was straight till that stand (9th?) mess it up by going for the orange first. Dropped 3. Last pair he shot it the other way round and killed the pair. Definitely thought black should be shot first unless you're an experienced trap shooter.

Wife and I shot on Friday started on black good round well balanced for all abilities didn't like the white left to right crosser followed by orange right to left eye sight test for me the boss had no problem with them though. The targets on 13 tested almost every body I managed 2ex 4 long walk back for us old ones thank the lord for the 40 minute break wife shot 80 I did 84.

The red course next again a round well thought out testing targets ,stand 4 caught me out here teal beat me we had a problem on stand 6 overhead from behind several no birds white on seven another eye sight test for me hit some but lucky.

I was pleased to finish the course on 87 total 171 thought I left another 4 or 5 overall but enjoyed the day very much the boss finished on 144

For those with access to Excel - I've done a little bit of tabulation of the numbers to show the averages/max/min scores per class... interesting to show exactly how this shoot panned out with 1258 shooters on the list.

http://sdrv.ms/Z60Z2k

Feel free to play if you have more time than me.
i'd say the course designer got it right , shooter's shot their class

Latest posts

Back