ESP, CPSA reg - squadding can end

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is the option to book onto a squad or turn up later, so if you have to queue at 11.30 that's a personal choice.  At least you know that barring trap breakdowns and refilling, you shouldn't have a significant queue after the first stand.
Exactly, you have the option to book into a squad. Assuming all the squads a full, and a lot of people turn up for the 11.30 kick off. The last squad of 6 moves off, the next group might only be a couple of shooters, the next may be 3, these groups will be constantly queueing behind the last squad as they will catch them straight away, and it will just be a knock on effect. Not only will people be turning up that are happy to start later, but will probably have the people turning up for their second shoot of the day. Will be interesting to see the feed back when it happens.

I'm a real fan of the squadding system, I'll be preferring grounds that offer it over those that do not. I heard complaints yesterday from shooters that it took 3 hours to shoot Grange as they were back to a free for all.

It's a more professional approach and more closely mimics major shoots. Imagine turning up to a golf course and picking and choosing the holes you want to shoot in a random order.
Was at a squadded shoot at weekend, two minor breakdowns = 3hours, previous weekend the squadded shoot at Bath was hearing that was another 3 hour event, so no, long shoots are not the sole preserve of the free for all entry shoot.

The fellows at Grange, simply by being there at the time they were part of the crowd causing the perceived delays?? Been in that situation myself, look around a busy course start to think that its too much only to realise Im there so also part of the “problem” 

Like many I will enjoy the new freedom to pick n choose when I go out, if weather truly horrid, might stay indoors, no guilt / having to go seeing that Ive booked / made an obligation. Oh and theres the want to be starting early & not giving two hoots how long Im there, pre booking can gobble up the early spots.

Not every registered shoot needs to be like a major shoot, lord knows theres a “big shoot” near every weekend, most of us just want a well thought out balanced course and a few chums to rabbit with at beginning and end, not a fan of the need to be ultra social during, and no Im not a fan of racing around in an hour just because one is first squad out etc, 

Golf, yep book your tee time off you go, but thats a min 3 hours if your pretty decent & more importantly that the hackers in front of you are too, otherwise??

Not meant to read like a long winded whinge, aware we are all different etc, as long as you enjoy your day out and more importantly get something positive out of each and every shoot.

I'm a real fan of the squadding system, I'll be preferring grounds that offer it over those that do not. I heard complaints yesterday from shooters that it took 3 hours to shoot Grange as they were back to a free for all.

It's a more professional approach and more closely mimics major shoots. Imagine turning up to a golf course and picking and choosing the holes you want to shoot in a random order.
Didn’t take me 3hrs to shoot it but it’s also a fair walk around now.  Very pleasant actually. 

Latest posts

Back