East Mids Regional Committee Vs CPSA Board

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julesy

This is how the CPSA are wasting our money. I'm ashamed to call myself a member and will not be renewing at the end of the month.

This is how the CPSA are wasting our money. I'm ashamed to call myself a member and will not be renewing at the end of the month.
I believe the Association are now insured for these kind of "events", arn't they?.

As for the result of EMRC Vs CPSA to my untrained mind, it seems to be 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, in other words a draw. :crazy:

Phil* :rabbi:

The report only scratches the surface of the discontent amongst many members, especially within the East Midlands region. Wholesale changes are needed at head office. Sadly, that won't happen with the current regime. The board know that they have their members by the nuts. To shoot competitions, represent your county, region or country you have no choice but to join.

It's a closed shop and for as long as that's the case those at the top will treat their members with impunity.

As for the result of EMRC Vs CPSA to my untrained mind, it seems to be 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, in other words a draw. :crazy:

Phil* :rabbi:
Quite agree, however with what's happened since I don't think that this will be the last case of this sort unfortunately. Isn't it disgusting that so called mature adults can't discuss things properly and come to some sort of compromise without wasting tens of thousands of pounds of members money which could be put to far better use.

The report only scratches the surface of the discontent amongst many members, especially within the East Midlands region. Wholesale changes are needed at head office. Sadly, that won't happen with the current regime. The board know that they have their members by the nuts. To shoot competitions, represent your county, region or country you have no choice but to join. It's a closed shop and for as long as that's the case those at the top will treat their members with impunity.my opinion
How right you are. In my opinion it will self destruct if somethings not done soon.

Sounds like a load of handbags at dawn,someone copped a strop, and it's all ended in a no-score draw.

A lot of huffing and puffing.

Still AGM coming standby your beds,all change.

What I have just realised is that it states that the costs are to be equally shared between the board and EMRC. does this literally mean that the board members have got to pay as opposed to the CPSA?

This would be a result if they did, why should the membership have to pay for what they have done without any mandate from the members who they are supposed to represent?

Quite agree, however with what's happened since I don't think that this will be the last case of this sort unfortunately. Isn't it disgusting that so called mature adults can't discuss things properly and come to some sort of compromise without wasting tens of thousands of pounds of members money which could be put to far better use.
I can reliably say that the EMRC did not spend a single penny of members money on this, the complaint was simply put together by a lot of hardwork and many hours of research.
The CPSA employed two sets of solicitors, I cannot say how much that totals but I'm sure we will find out sooner or later.

I have three bookings for groups on Saturday and I ought to be there really. But I'll be with you in spirit! No doubt I will hear all about it in due course.

That is a shame. There will be lots to talk about.

So Colin was intimidated by the rest, who did nothing wrong by so doing, but it meant he failed to attend the AGM where he was certain to have been elected Chairman.  He needs to take a more determined stance and perhaps cultivate some personal friends who are experts to help him and advise him so prevent this happening in the future.

We have had a year with the wrong person in post.

One imagines that Colin should get elected this year.

Where will that leave us?  The CPSA is run by the elected board of directors.  Will they support Colin for the common good of the members in general or will they gang up against him?  If they outvote any proposals that he brings forward then that may be to the detriment of members.  This is why candidates for the post of Chairman, just like political parties, need to publish what they propose to do and the election becomes a vote for the candidate with the best policies.  In that way those directors who fight against policies approved by members for the common good can be exposed and not be re-elected when their time comes or be forced to resign.

It now seems that the current directors, whether they realise it or not, have tried to change the proxy system this year to disenfranchise the members which is unacceptable and needs to be voted against.

Frankly the current board, whilst they have apparently done nothing wrong, have gone against what the membership wants and the chairman as the leader and reputed engineer of all this ought to resign if he fails to be relected at the AGM.

The Articles need a root and branch review and updating to get all this sorted out for the future.

The Honorary solicitor should resign for getting matters so wrong.  It would be good if someone could stand to compete for that post.

What a mess!

Surely it is not beyond the realms of modern technology to make an audio recording of board meetings, a copy of which given to each director and one held at HQ?  Obviously not for public consumption but as a true record of exactly what is said.

It might even help with giving an accurate statement of minutes for the membership and if this distasteful situation arose again we wouldnt have a case of he said she said. Or is that too back and white?

They have started doing this......... if you read the minutes you will find it in there for the last board meeting.

I taped the SER AGM on 6/3/13. Including the unexpected 'personal matter' which came up and which turned out to be a humiliation of a SER county chairman.

I intend to tape all future meetings that I attend in any capacity.

People then might think before they speak......it might reduce the 'all our yesterday's speak' that we have to endure......and we might all get home at a reasonable time.....!!

Simples...!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back