Done the right thing

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

Facebook spouting off that cpsa have appeared to apply sanctions regarding last year’s world sporting.

Anybody know anything, nowt on cpsa website 

Whilst not wanting to be drawn into an arguement or libel it's my understanding from another website that it concerns the non renewal of a membership of an infrequent posting member of this site.

Whether the individual chose to not renew or had the renewal refused, I refuse to speculate.

I don't know them and have no contact with them.

Also on the other forum which might have something to do with pigeons there are some screen shots taken sometime in the past of the CPSA booking overview of championship entries with a certain individual listed. If you now look on the current CPSA booking overview that person is no longer there.

As too why, that has, as already been said above, open to speculation and certainly open to a libel case so I doubt you will find out why officially.

I think it is fair to assume that anybody that does not renew their membership has a good reason not to do so.

Anybody on this site want to share why they haven't renewed their membership i am sure there are loads of reasons?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is fair to assume that anybody that does not renew their membership has a good reason not to do so.

Anybody on this site want to share why they haven't renewed their membership i am sure there are loads of reasons?
Couldn't be arsed some years! :)  

Gave up with CPSA many years ago, they didn’t seem to be concerned about the average shooter just those at the top. They introduced rules about eye and head protection but they were not adhered to, I saw England team member shooting with glasses on his cap claiming he was compliant with the rules, then there’s the refs that are 16 years old getting bossed by men saying they hit the target when clearly they didn’t 

All in all I can put my cash to better use and still shoot 

I quit the CPSA a couple of years ago for several reasons:

1. At a senior level they seem to exist to further their own interests rather than their members. 

2. They’re a toothless tiger when it comes to representing members interests within government.

3. They’ve become very sporting centric in recent years. I’ve no interest in sporting and have no desire to read hedgie articles online and in their magazine.

4. They’re just too expensive. Mrs P’s paid £72 for a year’s membership. That’s too much given the return.

I joined the WCTSA in 2018. Less politics, a genuine interest in trap shooting, the same benefits as the CPSA and all for a few quid less.

Rarely shoot comps and can get the insurance elsewhere, so binned my membership a couple of years ago. They did ring me a few times after asking why I wasn't renewing...

Latest posts

Back