CPSA British Open at EJC Swinton

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, the greatest chance of it being the same. 

Is winning on pot luck a better option?
I'll just leave you all with this thought then.

If this format for the British Open is the best and fairest way to shoot over several days, why has this format or one similar, never been adopted for the World championships? Or is it OK to be in the world super finals shoot off on pot luck with the weather? Or any other super final shoot off for that matter, at a major.

People have said for years the world sporting is unfair weather wise and suggestions such as having the top ranked(and thats another can of worms) shooters go at the same time.In fitasc sporting you do 200 over 4 days with morning and afternoon rotations and again the sun and the weather can play foul in that plus the expense of everyone doing 4 days.

Another way would be to have qualifying shoots like for example the England selections but then you just made the British best part of a grand to get in and the revenue to hold it has dropped massively in that scenario.

Tip tops idea of getting rid of the cats and just using lettered classes sounds good untill you end up with our top event not showing how diverse and inclusive we are.

Best way is to suck it up and enjoy what we have ,a qualifying day and a final day that shows how great our sport is.

I think it is a shame that we have to even be debating this format .

Brody is an exceptionally talented shot and a very nice young man with it so please do not detract from his marvellous achievement , remember it was the same shoot and conditions for everyone on Sunday .

But I do feel it ought to be highest score on any day at the shoot should win .

At the last one at Garlands I spoke to George as he left the ground on his qualification day , he was disappointed that he hadn't done enough to qualify and would not be back on the Sunday .

Imagine my surprise to see him finish second in the Super final as he had qualified as a veteran or the fact that his Range Rover had more fuel than any other or some such stupid rule .

Scrap this nonsense and let it be highest score on any day wins , and /or ties shoot off on the last day .

It would make more sense to me to have a format of a 100 bird qualifier (top 8 guns in class to qualify, 40 per day), and a 100 bird finals day shoot (160 guns, 32 in each class), highest scores on finals day are the winners. That way it would appease the people that advocate the bad weather syndrome, and everyone shoots the finals in the same conditions, unless of course the weather takes a turn for the worse half way through. These super finals are just some garbage imported from across the the pond.

I'm sure there are enough top category shooters out there that would make the finals day.

I think it is a shame that we have to even be debating this format .

Brody is an exceptionally talented shot and a very nice young man with it so please do not detract from his marvellous achievement , remember it was the same shoot and conditions for everyone on Sunday .

But I do feel it ought to be highest score on any day at the shoot should win .

At the last one at Garlands I spoke to George as he left the ground on his qualification day , he was disappointed that he hadn't done enough to qualify and would not be back on the Sunday .

Imagine my surprise to see him finish second in the Super final as he had qualified as a veteran or the fact that his Range Rover had more fuel than any other or some such stupid rule .

Scrap this nonsense and let it be highest score on any day wins , and /or ties shoot off on the last day .
He shot the highest score on the day and the highest joint score in the super final - He was the best shooter at this years championship finals without question.

Latest posts

Back