British and English Open postponed

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridiculous decision when there are weeks left to take bookings. 

There was an interesting article in Pull magazine not so long ago about the numbers participating in the various disciplines.

English sporting numbers seem to be increasing whilst virtually every other discipline is in decline. I know several lads in the north who shot trap purely for convenience. With the birth of more reg sporting grounds in the north the option is now there.

PM.

Or could it just be the country isn't out of this pandemic yet and many people are still wary of traveling to far

It’s just as popular as it ever was. But neither the CPSA nor the ground have done anything to advertise it. Entries for this one are directly through the ground so folks tend to leave it later to book in rather than sit up till midnight on the CPSA site like the other events. 

There was an interesting article in Pull magazine not so long ago about the numbers participating in the various disciplines.

English sporting numbers seem to be increasing whilst virtually every other discipline is in decline. I know several lads in the north who shot trap purely for convenience. With the birth of more reg sporting grounds in the north the option is now there.

PM.
Interesting that. I can’t comment on sporting but skeet’s certainly suffering. Trap’s doing OK with ABT numbers seeing a slight increase. DTL seems to be doing well with a ground close to me pulling in 10-15 squads most weeks. Oddly, the pandemic seems to have brought some into the discipline from elsewhere despite, apparently, not having had any interest before.

Two things stand out from the statistics. Trap is doing well in the North, particularly Yorkshire, Lancashire and to a lesser extent the Midlands. Also, shooters seem to be shunning the big ticket events in favour of registered competition closer to home. This seems to have gone full circle. Pre-Coronavirus it was the National and International events everyone wanted to shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of a trend starting here for non-registereds. First one I thought it was something different, but saw two more in the local area, one was a DTL. I hope they are well attended. 

Shame about the All Round. I was surprised it was cancelled so early and didn't wait for people to pick themselves up after this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back