cost !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supply and demand fundamentally and still plenty not feeling the financial pinch
But surely if someone has bought a top spec van, they must have paid 18k minimum for it. Why would someone then pay 60k, when they can buy a brand new one, for 65k ?

Madness.

But surely if someone has bought a top spec van, they must have paid 18k minimum for it. Why would someone then pay 60k, when they can buy a brand new one, for 65k ?

Madness.
Sorry, dont follow your logic, not sure where the £18k came from but he has purchased a brand new van with the dealer for £65k (not delivered yet), he has sold this slot to somebody who wants one and has paid him £105k to jump the queue, theres plenty of spare cash out there. (Yes agree it is madness but supply and demand and wads of disposable)

I've been using a long since obsolete software package called Quicken to manage my personal finances, I've just run a report on the 'Shooting' category 2008 (when I started to date), everything, lessons, guns, kit, carts, memberships, rounds.....£74,371....   still a lot less than I've wasted on cars though. 🥵
wow that's a lot of money       yikes  !!   

Sorry, dont follow your logic, not sure where the £18k came from but he has purchased a brand new van with the dealer for £65k (not delivered yet), he has sold this slot to somebody who wants one and has paid him £105k to jump the queue, theres plenty of spare cash out there. (Yes agree it is madness but supply and demand and wads of disposable)
The 18k is an average figure for a used VW van, of a reasonably high spec.

I just don’t get why someone would pay that much over RRP, for something that aren’t exactly in short supply. I work in a VW dealership and have seen nothing like these kind of figures.

I just don’t get why someone would pay that much over RRP, for something that aren’t exactly in short supply. I work in a VW dealership and have seen nothing like these kind of figures.
I have never mentioned any sort of used vehicle, still confused but lets leave it at that

He said earlier in the thread that it was a limited edition, only 100 made, so I'm presuming they've all sold, they're not making any more and this is no longer an option as a brand new vehicle let alone a second hand one if manufacturing figures are that low, a collector wants it, and they're willing to pay top whack to get one cos they missed out on previously. 

Doesn't seem that difficult to comprehend? 

Got a few guitars that are certificated as a Limited run of 12 or 24, and I know if I ever wanted to sell them it would be like shooting fat fish in a thimble! 

Their all sold, or more likely a deposit taken for one I get that. but who's going to pay a dealer the full price for something he hasn't got yet, charliedog stating he paid 65k to dealer(full amount) then sells his slot on too someone else who's hasn't got a contract with the dealer for that van for £105k 😲.

Now if he's got one of the 100 Limited editions now and then selling it on I get that

Not sure I follow your understanding, but had a mate's brother buy a Honda sports car (think it was a s2000 or summat?) and sold it to someone else months before it arrived for more money.

Lovely sports car the S2000, can understand if it's the last of the production ones in 2009, and yes he probably made a profit, but doubt it was a 40k one 😉

He said earlier in the thread that it was a limited edition, only 100 made, so I'm presuming they've all sold, they're not making any more and this is no longer an option as a brand new vehicle let alone a second hand one if manufacturing figures are that low, a collector wants it, and they're willing to pay top whack to get one cos they missed out on previously. 

Doesn't seem that difficult to comprehend? 

Got a few guitars that are certificated as a Limited run of 12 or 24, and I know if I ever wanted to sell them it would be like shooting fat fish in a thimble! 
Pompous oaf 😂😂

I have never mentioned any sort of used vehicle, still confused but lets leave it at that
You didn’t mention any sort of new one,in the post I replied to either.

But yeah, let’s leave it there Walter.

EFB4D604-35D5-4839-BCEB-0EB80AB1890F.png

Latest posts

Back