Castellani: Comfort and quality, or extravegant indulgence?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes and no! My castellani skeet vest is excellent bar the fact one of the tabs which holds your number on the back fell off within weeks

Personally I have always thought that Beretta vests are some of the best I have seen for the money, certainly better quality than the Perazzi branded ones. The uniform ones look really good quality. Just a pity they have Beretta on them :)

Castellani stuff is good quality, just not sure on some of the colour combos they offer!

As for compression tops? think I'd need to lose a couple of stone but I try one on!

DT
Every time this topic comes up I say go for the Beretta.  Easily as well made as anything, and better than a couple custom ones I've used up in the past.  But there is that love of their name that Beretta has that is just really really bothersome ! ! !  But the ones I have are so well made and fit too right that I just have to live with it.  Well, and cover the logos with some other patch of course.

at eastmidlands shooting ground today saw castellani skeet vests for 50 quid

ring glen on 07779924673

happy shopping

Beretta good but it's like comparing comfortable debenhams jacket to a comfortable and stylish and quality pal zilleri jacket.

Castelani is the best vest. End of.

I am still wearing a string vest, but will change to a cotton one as the weather gets warmer !   :fie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Beretta good but it's like comparing comfortable debenhams jacket to a comfortable and stylish and quality pal zilleri jacket.

Correct Ian, I just ordered another one from Aaron Heading, not that keen on my string vest type, so going back to a solid one!

I don't like mesh jobs either mate.
Well I thought I would give one a try, had it a couple of years now I guess, but it just does not feel right somehow, it's comfortable enough though, it's just me I guess!

All I can tell ya is that the Castellani vests I've seen, including a rack of every model and color at the ShotShow,  were underwhelming enough that I felt no pressing need to have one.  OTOH the high end Beretta things, for the same price or less (LOTS less on ebay) easily convinced me that having two was a fine idea.  'Cept for the fooking logos of course - bastards

I like my Castellani Vest I got the mesh type as the solid makes me sweat in the summer. I wear a clay jacket in winter.

I chose the navy blue and white in the type with double pockets.

Better than the Musto mesh backed one in my avatar pic. That came away at the seam next to the pocket stud just over the year after buying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tight wad time for a new one. Sure the pension will stretch to it :)

"Clothes do not maketh the man",

"Do not judge a book by it's cover"

"Here comes tight-arse with the 20 years old skeet vest"  ! 

I am very shallow Keith I judge by the cover :)

From my experience if someone looks like a dick they generally are a dick ;)

Latest posts

Back