Cartridge prices falling?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm currently shooting 24Grm Trust carts (from Claverdon Cartridges near Warwick), they were £165/1000 when I bought the last batch a couple of weeks ago, the price seems fairly stable and very good value (I've gone through several thousand now).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently shooting 24Grm Trust carts (from Claverdon Cartridges near Warwick), they were £165/1000 when I bought the last batch a couple of weeks ago, the price seems fairly stable and very good value (I've gone through several thousand now).
Greenfields Salisbury Trust 28g Fibre which i have been using at local shoots £172.00

Jocker plastic 28g £165.00 which i intend to try when i next purchase a few thousand Fiochhi's

If the CPSA stipulated that ALL clayshooting was to be done with 24gram that would bring prices down.
Do you REALLY believe that  ??

Ummmm, be careful what you wish for?.
WHY   ?

Greenfields Salisbury Trust 28g Fibre which i have been using at local shoots £172.00

Jocker plastic 28g £165.00 which i intend to try when i next purchase a few thousand Fiochhi's
I did try some of those Truss cartridges a couple on months ago, I found them very supportive  !   :eek:

The reason I suggested 24 gram is because they are compulsory for International disciplines , so obviously can do the business with breaking clays.

Obviously using less lead is environmentally more friendly and those poor cartridge manufacturers would use up less of their expensive commodities and pass on the savings to us the users. :wub: :cool: :eek: :angel:

the speed at which these carts are coming off the production line and I believe all of the stuff they use is british I cant see why they are as expensive as they are

just like diesel and petrol they just keep pushing the prices up at any excuse !!!!!!!!!!!!1     that's it   iam getting fed up now , will have to go shooting to cheer myself up again 
No British supplier of cases primers powder that just leaves the lead ! 

I've lost count of the number of times folk have only gone to the local gunsmith to buy ammo. but leave with a gun. That's where the profit is for those that sell ammo. cheaper than most grounds.

I've lost count of the number of times folk have only gone to the local gunsmith to buy ammo. but leave with a gun. That's where the profit is for those that sell ammo. cheaper than most grounds.
Reminds me of the time I went to the local gunshop to buy winchester trap 100 the price quoted was £5 a thou dearer than a shop 12 miles farther on asking if they could match the price was told no and he said  was astonished that I would go a good deal farther to save a few pounds my reply was of course well I might see a gun I liked while I am there.

I was in my local gun shop a while ago , they also sell fishing equipment, a customer was looking at purchasing a handful of flies ( about 6 ) . When told they were £1 each he declined to purchase stating he can get them 15p cheaper elsewhere, elsewhere meaning a 15 mile round trip , finding somewhere to park etc . Gun shop owner and myself just laughed as he left 

Gamebore 24g Evo Fibre no 8 for 199/thou compared to 209 last time..
That is £15 cheaper than the most local to me volume seller advertises so yes you have a good deal there, as for me, just shooting Clays Im firmly in the Fiocchi camp at present and no desire to change. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saying Guys Orston were doing Velocity at 175 per 1000 the other week

Not seen anything Bellow that for a while depressing an't it

Latest posts

Back