British 21gms. Sporting Championship

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, here we have it. British Open 21gm Championship. Sunday September 30th. Wylye Valley SG. 100 bird Sporting event run to CPSA rules using CPSA classes. High Gun £200 with £100 for a class win in all lettered classes plus Ladies, Juniors and Vets. Prizes down to fourth place. Aged 16 and under shoot free of charge with a paying adult. Hull Comp-X 12 gauge cartridges will be provided. Entry cost £56.

We hope all those who attend find it an interesting and entertaining event.
cartridges provided £56 is that 100 or the original offer of 125

Hi Ian- presumably you won't be pulling the birds in? Normal sporting birds as per Reg shoot?

Hi Ian- presumably you won't be pulling the birds in? Normal sporting birds as per Reg shoot?
Hi Ed. I don't intend to bring any targets in at all, maybe the furthest stuff will need to show some top or bottom but the ranges will be the same. Well, we might just have a bit of an experiment to see what can be done!

So, here we have it. British Open 21gm Championship. Sunday September 30th. Wylye Valley SG. 100 bird Sporting event run to CPSA rules using CPSA classes. High Gun £200 with £100 for a class win in all lettered classes plus Ladies, Juniors and Vets. Prizes down to fourth place. Aged 16 and under shoot free of charge with a paying adult. Hull Comp-X 12 gauge cartridges will be provided. Entry cost £56.

We hope all those who attend find it an interesting and entertaining event.
Its in the diary, I'll bring the husband.

I must say it is a sad reflection of the shooting world when the only topics that seem to continually come up on a regular basis on this forum are cheating and sandbagging. Is it really of concern to all of us that like any other pursuit/sport there will always be cheats. I f we keep banging on about it what will prospective would be shooters think of our sport when they constanlty read such drivel.

I shoot regularly, well each weekend anyway, I abide by the rules and take decisions from scorers /referees in good faith as I am sure they are made in good faith If people feel the need to bend the rules thats their affair I think cheating is just ultimately cheating yourself and diminishes you as a person and a competitor. Naive veiwpoint perhaps, but let the cheats get on with it, I know when I compete I have done my level best within my capabilities, that sometimes is good enough and sometimes not, to take a prize of any sort without merit is somewhat pyrrich to say the least.
Point taken. Other than being aware of people shooting plastic wads at fibre wad shoots its not something I lose sleep over. Shooting should always be about do the best you can do and not worrying about what everyone else is up to. Shall never mention it again

I think i might give it a go with my lad as a one off ,works out £28 each including shells,he shoots 21grm hulls anyway so be a bit of fun, best pinch some off him and have a practise, be interesting to see the overall results compared to a normall wylye shoot using 28 grm shells. Have you set a date yet??

I think i might give it a go with my lad as a one off ,works out £28 each including shells,he shoots 21grm hulls anyway so be a bit of fun, best pinch some off him and have a practise, be interesting to see the overall results compared to a normall wylye shoot using 28 grm shells. Have you set a date yet??
oop,s just spotted date,30th sept,i,ll put it in diary

There will be no way to compare the shoot with 21g to 28g. Even if it were repeatable like skeet, its impossible to do it. The same shooter will not shoot a course with the same score twice, usually. I would be amazed if the scores look anything other than normal though. 21g shells work very well. Tin hat on!

One question. If this shoot is not sponsored by Hull (I.e entries won't get subsidised cartridges), are other makes of 21g shells permitted?

CSC3

We are supplying the cartridges for every entrant. They will be Hull Comp-X. Do you want to pay twice?

No, but I could take the comp x that you include away with me and use some other 21g that I know and like perhaps? Still 21g, just know them already.

Cheers

CSC3

Hi Ed. I don't intend to bring any targets in at all, maybe the furthest stuff will need to show some top or bottom but the ranges will be the same. Well, we might just have a bit of an experiment to see what can be done!
Why? The only fair comparison is to keep everything the same, extra face on a target even at range makes it an entirely different proposition. Unlike CleverSC3 I predict an overwhelming propensity to want to throw up by many competitors once they experience first hand that you canne take away 7 gram of shot without suffering some loss in break signature as well as actual misses. The winning score will be high enough as usual but that would be so if we used 32 g with their fatigue inducing recoil :???: :cool: :wink: .

It coped with the long stuff very well indeed and was excellent on anything close too, the recoil was negligible........................cut and paste from every b;eedin cartridge test ever penned in a mag ;) :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian

Will there be a 20b carts available as well as 12

Regards bob

Why? The only fair comparison is to keep everything the same, extra face on a target even at range makes it an entirely different proposition. Unlike CleverSC3 I predict an overwhelming propensity to want to throw up by many competitors once they experience first hand that you canne take away 7 gram of shot without suffering some loss in break signature as well as actual misses. The winning score will be high enough as usual but that would be so if we used 32 g with their fatigue inducing recoil :???: :cool: :wink: .

It coped with the long stuff very well indeed and was excellent on anything close too, the recoil was negligible........................cut and paste from every b;eedin cartridge test ever penned in a mag ;) :) .
Hamid, I know this discussion goes back a long way.. Have you ever shot and/or patterned any 21g? They vary a lot by the way. The Hull plas wads are really good. I went to EJC on evening a couple of years ago and hit 48 ex 50 with them. The two away weren't lost to shot pattern. OK nothing was a million miles away.

Of course more lead is better at long range, but with a decent pattern (the Hull is very very good) we shooters are mostly putting hundreds of pellets into most accurate kills. It is literally an overkill. (I know we love the dust..) If 150 pellets smashes a 40 yard clay with your normal shell, then on maths paper, that is still 120 pellets from a 21g. I suggest that actually it is better than that, because the pellets that you `miss` from the 28g shell are often the fliers and `outer layer`, leaving actually a similar core pattern.

Cheers,

CSC3

Back