British 21gms. Sporting Championship

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, thanks for the contribution. The entry fee will be less than £60 but the contribution to the prize fund will stay at £10 per entry to facilitate the payout we mentioned last week. It will be run on CPSA classes too, any non-members will be classified on the day.

Gnasher, so you think the 28gram brigade will throw their empties in the bin? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hadn't really thought of the using bigger shells problem, but I suppose it is something to consider. Maybe have shells on the stand and feed them from one of those wooden shell holders on the front of the cage?

Otherwise I guess you could just have 28g comp x in your pocket and pretend you are using what you have been given?

Already bought my Comp :p X 28g no one will know :cool:

Ian as I work in a Gun shop who sell Hull and I get them at a discount what would the entry price be without Carts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is everyone assuming people will want to cheat, who'd be foolish enough to try and slip bigger shells in whilst being watched?

I must say it is a sad reflection of the shooting world when the only topics that seem to continually come up on a regular basis on this forum are cheating and sandbagging. Is it really of concern to all of us that like any other pursuit/sport there will always be cheats. I f we keep banging on about it what will prospective would be shooters think of our sport when they constanlty read such drivel.

I shoot regularly, well each weekend anyway, I abide by the rules and take decisions from scorers /referees in good faith as I am sure they are made in good faith If people feel the need to bend the rules thats their affair I think cheating is just ultimately cheating yourself and diminishes you as a person and a competitor. Naive veiwpoint perhaps, but let the cheats get on with it, I know when I compete I have done my level best within my capabilities, that sometimes is good enough and sometimes not, to take a prize of any sort without merit is somewhat pyrrich to say the least.

I must say it is a sad reflection of the shooting world when the only topics that seem to continually come up on a regular basis on this forum are cheating and sandbagging. Is it really of concern to all of us that like any other pursuit/sport there will always be cheats. I f we keep banging on about it what will prospective would be shooters think of our sport when they constanlty read such drivel.

I shoot regularly, well each weekend anyway, I abide by the rules and take decisions from scorers /referees in good faith as I am sure they are made in good faith If people feel the need to bend the rules thats their affair I think cheating is just ultimately cheating yourself and diminishes you as a person and a competitor. Naive veiwpoint perhaps, but let the cheats get on with it, I know when I compete I have done my level best within my capabilities, that sometimes is good enough and sometimes not, to take a prize of any sort without merit is somewhat pyrrich to say the least.
ditto

An extract from Beverley CTC website. I can't see the point of the misdemeanor unless there's a reloader about. :huh:

"ANYONE found to be using anything less than a SEVEN shot at Beverley Clay Target Centre will be asked to leave the ground immediately. RC50 50GM 4 Shot Cartridges are being used on the Sporting as quite a number are being picked up week after week. This now has to stop with immediate effect. The sporting will be checked on a very regular basis. Anyone seeing anybody else abusing the rule, please report this immediately to the office."

I mean you don't fire off cartridges costing £13/box just to get rid of them. I'd look for a 3" chamber auto to start with but then they wouldn't be in the bin. They'd be all over the place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say I'm not aware of it being a problem normally (ie at 28g shoots) but to be honest I don't check the bins that often so who knows. I know a lot of game shooters shoot pigeon/pheasant loads at practice which may be left in the bins when it comes to registered shoots. You'd like to think it doesn't go on. Personally I don't care as I don't think it gives an advantage but rules are rules.

steve lovatt also had signs posted about use of 32grm+ carts at his grounds. dont know if its still a problem there.

So, here we have it. British Open 21gm Championship. Sunday September 30th. Wylye Valley SG. 100 bird Sporting event run to CPSA rules using CPSA classes. High Gun £200 with £100 for a class win in all lettered classes plus Ladies, Juniors and Vets. Prizes down to fourth place. Aged 16 and under shoot free of charge with a paying adult. Hull Comp-X 12 gauge cartridges will be provided. Entry cost £56.

We hope all those who attend find it an interesting and entertaining event.

So, father and son (16 or under) can come along to shoot 100 sporting, cash prizes in classes, cartridges supplied for £56........if I lived closer I'd be there!!!

Back