Bore Snakes!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVE_B

Hi,

I regularly use a bore snake as a quick clean after a shoot or while I am away travelling with the gun. Both of mine are now really dirty and pretty soaked in oil.  Do I just buy replacements or can they be washed/soaked to give them a longer life. Both seem to be in good condition.  :scratchhead:

I wouldn't recommend using them at all as I don't think they're particularly effective. Buy a rod and bronze brush.

I don't disagree with you. I have all the kit at home but often use the snake as a stop gap. Just interested to know if they can have their life extended by cleaning.

I tried one once! It was about as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest!!!

Full length mop job done.

Its the future.

In answer to your question, yes, you can clean them. If it's very dirty, leave it to soak for an hour in turpentine then rinse. The don't last forever though, the bristles will eventually flatten reducing their effectivness. If that's the case then replace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it depends on which make you've got as to how effective they are. All can be cleaned
but as 274368 says they dont last forever

I had one it lasted 2 months used it about 4 times then string broke.

Hi,

I regularly use a bore snake as a quick clean after a shoot or while I am away travelling with the gun. Both of mine are now really dirty and pretty soaked in oil.  Do I just buy replacements or can they be washed/soaked to give them a longer life. Both seem to be in good condition.  :scratchhead:
Dave, I have a new one in the packet. It's yours for a coffee.

Latest posts

Back