Bisley shooting ground

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

africacorp

I went to Bisley last friday and was pleasantly suprised. It started off well when the young lady at the long siberia starters hut was very easy on the eye.

The shooting was a reasonable test with some paticulary tough targets just as you went through the deer gate and the high driven and looper targets? Lots of driven targets from nice grouse butts to sharpen up for the winter.Also I had 2 large deer keeping me company which was an added bonus.

At 33p a clay i thought it was fair value for the area. I will definitely be returning. Great for mid week solo shooting as the delay is easy to set up.

Africacorp

£8.25 for a round of 25!!!!! Blimey!! I thought Garlands was expensive at £6.25 for 25?

DT

I have mentioned this in the past, but it never ceases to amaze me that Bisley does not have registered sporting. The CPSA are based there, the ground is good, there are no other reg shoots for miles around and last I heard it needed revenue. Crazy..

Last time I shot there it was fibre wads only, that might explain?

Cadley in Wilts was a fibre only registered. It can work. Although not helpful for a big entry. EJC are fibre, but allow plas for comps only.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was well impressed when I went there in August and all the stands have a 3 second delay option so you can go on your own to practice.

The walk through the woods was extremely pleasant on a fine summers day. I only took 100 cartridges and could have done with a lot more!

Weekends are presently reserved for their coaching and lessons so its weekdays only hence why no registered shoots there I imagine.

Yes, why would you want to turn over £7000 on a Sunday when you can instruct 6 people instead.. :huh:

Back