Aren’t modern shooting grounds brilliant ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked in on a notification from Steve Lovatt !

First time I have known him to be speechless and not rude.  He must be mellowing or getting old.
It did say "Thanks Peter for your warmth and sympathy. Free shoot next time I see you" Sort of..

Westlands near Annan charge 25 pence per clay, Coniston Cold is 24 pence if you are a member but they need a good target setter really, Blackpool sporting clays now charge 30 pence.

It's sometimes good to live in the North West.
What's Westlands like in winter Mike ? Only been in summer and thought great but not much cover on a nasty day . Agree about Coniston was a bit too straightforward last time I went . Blackpool good at mo along with Crabtree , though I know you not keen !

Have not bumped into you recently ?

I was at Westlands last week hardly any wind and a very pleasant day out, 27 pence per clay now but if it's going to rain you're better off going somewhere else.

I tend to go to Coniston mostly as I go through the week with a friend and it's pretty quiet then. I haven't been to Crabtree for about six months now even though it's the closest to me, too many trap breakdowns and targets going through the sun when they could easily make things better.

I'm out every week so we are bound to meet somewhere.

Spennycpc.com - 24p a clay for non members 20p for members. Thimbleby standard rates are 26p a clay except Tuesdays and Bywell is 28p. It's good oop north.

50p a clay is taking the mick.

To the OP, yes.

One pays 40ppc at both Coleys & Barbury, these are fully open 6 & 7 days a week, Id hazard a guess the pricing reflects the costs etc that these grounds need to recover being a full time business. For one I dont begrudge these costs as the opportunity for me to drop in, without booking / awaiting the weekend / restricted opening etc at any time during the week for the chance to work on some targets is “worth it” for me. 

Am aware that there are less expensive options, for me, in my locality am not seeing the opportunity at the same level. 
Thimbleby are open 7 days a week as well. As Lloyd states 26p a clay other than Tuesday when you get a discount if you buy 100

Greenfields at Sturry, Canterbury discount rate 1100 clays for £210 loaded on a Promatic card that’s just. 19p a Clay, about as good as it gets down Sarf.😀😀👍

MM

Back