Best shooting ground

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holianl

What is the best shooting ground for the following in your own opinion?

• Best food
  • Best facility's
  • good carparking and well kept ground
  • Most difficult targets
Just wondering where people prefer to shoot

probably not the last one but Coniston takes some beating

yes, fabulous ground, take you prob 1hr 20 mins unless your a nutter in which case 1hr ?

Keith will take you, I may join you as its worth it just for the full English ?

probably not the last one but Coniston takes some beating
Totally agree, but the two times I've been there it's been absolutely packed.  Found it difficult to park.  I guess it's obvious popularity speaks volumes.

One day I might actually be able to shoot there!

used to go regularly last year on Saturdays and never had any problems ?

used to go regularly last year on Saturdays and never had any problems ?
My problem is the other half comes from Arncliffe (not that far from Coniston) but the only time we visit is around Christmas/New Year/Easter - and then it seems to be packed. :frown:

No surprise, I suppose, but other grounds I've visited at holiday times are not that busy.  I did have a good look round Coniston and it really is a special venue.  I'm going to try again this Easter!

yes, fabulous ground, take you prob 1hr 20 mins unless your a nutter in which case 1hr ?

Keith will take you, I may join you as its worth it just for the full English ?
As long as you get it before 1.00pm.  !

What is the best shooting ground for the following in your own opinion?

• Best food
  • Best facility's
  • good carparking and well kept ground
  • Most difficult targets
Just wondering where people prefer to shoot
I already take you there  !       :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Barbury for sporting good facilities,friendly staff,great selection of targets changed regularly and just a lovely place to shoot.

My all time favourite is Ham Cross,Willy Thatchers ground not much else but the most beautiful place to shoot if you can get there.

Only open during the summer and prebooking for practice/The Challenge!

Is that the one by Skipton ips? Also is it a skeet layout.
YES and YES, it also has a nice Trout lake too  !

Barbury for sporting good facilities,friendly staff,great selection of targets changed regularly and just a lovely place to shoot.

My all time favourite is Ham Cross,Willy Thatchers ground not much else but the most beautiful place to shoot if you can get there.

Only open during the summer and prebooking for practice/The Challenge!
Ham Cross Willy  !     sounds painful    !    :frown:

Stonestile Clay Shooting Club.  No breakfast, have to pee in the woods, it's muddy as hell.  Lots of fun though.

Other than that, Sporting Targets is fantastic but too far for regular visits from me.

I have shot at an awful lot of Grounds over the years, BUT the one I remember most of all was Holland and Holland's Ground. Albeit, it was in the 1990's but it was a fantastic experience. The shoot was started by the firing of the 'Cannon' and the Army catering Corps did us proud with the lunch too. An altogether fantastic experience. 

Latest posts

Back