best optibore chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrs darth has just got me two muller chokes for xmas a u2 and a u3 which are 1/4 and 1/2

probably all you need, or maybe another u3 to give a 1/2 and 1/2 combination.

great looking chokes, lightweight and do,nt unscrew between stands

e-mail nick at justchoking for your sil pig fitment

Another vote for Mullers. I don't advocate swapping chokes too much, so I would say a pair of U2 or U3, but whatever, they are great.

yup another vote for Mullers, did an 'all round' today started of with 25 ABT (U2s), 25 Skeet (U0s) then 50 Sporting (U1 btm, U2 top), very quick and easy to change. Still shot like a tw@t though :sclerosis:

yes I do ed , but I need all the help I can get  so out comes the silver pigeon m/c     the flush fitting ones  are fine but with extended its easier thumb and finger job . im only b class esp   desperate to improve  , im 27 years old   well mentally  .  im 8.42857143   in dog years   is it too late ?  :slow:

Your money would be better spent on some lessons than on chokes ;)

as above   what are the best chokes for my silver pig   , the flush fitting are too slow to swap .  
I take your point as I use flush ones but to be fair nobody has yet beaten me in a swap race that I was aware of  :haha: . Honestly, it's a blessing that they aren't too easy to change, and that's coming from someone who doesn't like fixed choke guns as a rule.

yes I do ed , but I need all the help I can get  so out comes the silver pigeon m/c     the flush fitting ones  are fine but with extended its easier thumb and finger job . im only b class esp   desperate to improve  , im 27 years old   well mentally  .  im 8.42857143   in dog years   is it too late ?  :slow:
It's a thumb and finger job on the choke key as well, in fact once you've slacken'd it its a finger job!!!!. I didn't realise changing chokes had turned in to an F1 pit stop race to save a second or two. Are you wanting to change between shots???

BrowningChokeSpeedWrench12.jpg

ok point taken !    what I mean is  it is easier with extended chokes   , while changing chokes with said thumb and finger  you can watch targets  being shot  .    am I digging a hole ?  :alcoholic:

Not so much a hole, more a second channel tunnel !

I have solved the problem of what choke to use, I have 2 in my O/U and 1 in my auto and they STAY there. I shot yesterday and watched the choke changers busily changing chokes, when, they really should have been watching the targets that they were about to shoot. I shot the entire course with my old Beretta 303, fitted with 1/4 choke. I simply put a harder hitting cartridge in for 1 or 2 rangey targets. At no time did I feel 'undergunned' and I would sooner have 90 'chipped' breaks than 80 balls of dust any day.

If you want them get them briley,Teague,Muller,beretta the list go's on, I don't change chokes still sooner have extended, but I'm a bit of a tackle tart

out of interest westley  where did you shoot and what score with quarter choke ?    I shoot orston gun club  "my local "  and to be honest I do feel under gunned  with quarter . :spiteful:  

I shot the 100 birder at Catton Hall. I managed a score of 73, which is about my average but I suppose 2 strokes and age are a bit against me. I am having to use my auto, due to being unable to lift my O/U at present. There was not a single target that I totally missed, ie :- I hit at least 2 of each target thrown, but not necessarily in the right order, so to speak. There was a high midi that a lot of people seemed to struggle with, there was a distinct 'lull' between bang and break, so it was a fair way out. I simply changed cartridge to World Cups and hit 3 out of the 4 thrown. I shot at West Mids earlier in the year with a similar score but used my Miroku with 1/4 in both barrels and once again there was not a single target that I repeatedly missed. I find that I am hitting the first couple of pairs but then drop one or both of the last pair. All of the stands that I straighted yesterday were 3 pairs, but I do not think that the choke makes any difference to my ability whatsoever.

P.S.      A 91 won it !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back