Beretta DT11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chesterse

I see Sporting Targets are advertising the new DT11. Has anyone seen one? What do we think about the concept?

Stewart, There is a 'road test' of the trap version in the new issue of Clay Shooting,which is out a week early this time. Vic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen samples on the internet and think it looks every bit the gun you expect it to be. Beretta don't make bad guns, this one should prove to be as good as it gets./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

I handled one at Ian Coleys about a month ago, to look at not a lot different to the DT10, but I believe they have new barrels and a better trigger pull.

They have a larger frame, also!Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Not sure I like the blue painted line round the action on a 6.5k gun. the black painted line on the webley sporter looked pikey enough and that was a pikey gun /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif

Just read the Pull article and I have to say not keen on the overbored all the way through thing! In other words I hate things being fixed when they ain't broke.One really good thing is that in time the used DT10 prices will go down a bit and I will be helping myself to one /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif.

Hamster said:

Just read the Pull article and I have to say not keen on the overbored all the way through thing! In other words I hate things being fixed when they ain't broke.One really good thing is that in time the used DT10 prices will go down a bit and I will be helping myself to one /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif.
Yeah I got a matching pair of those! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I was working for a Dealer on Saturday and he mentioned that DT11 had ' issues' with the barrels, failing proof or something. Anyone heard anything? /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif

I have tried to find out more, but  it as all gone very quiet.My understanding is that the British Proof houses have 'reservations' about the bore size, but as Beretta prove their own guns and we in the EEC recognise EEC Proof Houses, Beretta can do that legally. But if the maximum bore size allowed for International competition is 12 gauge and the bore size for a DT11 is a nominal 11 bore how can they do that? According to Vic Harker in the Pull magazine article the bore is 19.48mm forward of the forcing cones tapering to 18.4 behind the chokes, but the barrels are stamped as 18.4mm, which I would think cannot be the case 9inches from the breech as required by Proof. I am sure that the manufacturers are smart enough to not have made a mistake, but I cannot help but think that maybe we have smoke and mirrors being used./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

They test at twice the maximum! Not to worry for a bit of paperwork!Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Salopian said:

I have tried to find out more, but  it as all gone very quiet.My understanding is that the British Proof houses have 'reservations' about the bore size, but as Beretta prove their own guns and we in the EEC recognise EEC Proof Houses, Beretta can do that legally. But if the maximum bore size allowed for International competition is 12 gauge and the bore size for a DT11 is a nominal 11 bore how can they do that? According to Vic Harker in the Pull magazine article the bore is 19.48mm forward of the forcing cones tapering to 18.4 behind the chokes, but the barrels are stamped as 18.4mm, which I would think cannot be the case 9inches from the breech as required by Proof. I am sure that the manufacturers are smart enough to not have made a mistake, but I cannot help but think that maybe we have smoke and mirrors being used./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif
I've heard the same thing recently....will look into it./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

A better write up in Clay Shooter February edition where Vic Harker goes into more detail and diplomatically skirts round the issue. Marvellous how the manufacturers can make new proof laws when they've got financial clout isn't it? I will be very interested how a DT11 handles fibre wads, but we have to remember that these guns have actually been built with the sole intention of winning Trap competitions using premium grade plastic wadded cartridges.Let us see how well they sell. But of course now we will have updated and re-launched Perazzi's etc.

I wondered if buying a DT10 in December was a bit of a mistake as the 11 was imminent but reading things like this make me fell glad I did.

Latest posts

Back