Barrow Heath ESP reg 5.1.14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

First visit for me at BH; went up with GavB today as not a lot on nearer to us.

We started on the pool shoot, a 25 sportrap, with nothing too distant, but plenty of angles. I managed a 23 as a warm up for the main shoot, which was joint leading early on. I suspect that the mass of top names that were there today will have produced some straights..

On to the main course. Very good shoot. The course is in two halves really, the first section nearer the clubhouse (which is pretty decent). This is is a more woody section with a mix of closer stuff, a bit like Weston Wood in parts. Then the second half is on a much more open landscape, down the side of a hill and into an open flatter section. Here were a few longer targets, but the good mix continued.

I finished on 86. Richard Bunning popped in a great 97. It was not a gruelling shoot, but there was a good mix of targets to catch you out. Plenty of low C class scores I noticed, so tricky if you haven't found your feet yet.

A good ground if its on your radar.

First visit for me at BH; went up with GavB today as not a lot on nearer to us.

We started on the pool shoot, a 25 sportrap, with nothing too distant, but plenty of angles. I managed a 23 as a warm up for the main shoot, which was joint leading early on. I suspect that the mass of top names that were there today will have produced some straights..

On to the main course. Very good shoot. The course is in two halves really, the first section nearer the clubhouse (which is pretty decent). This is is a more woody section with a mix of closer stuff, a bit like Weston Wood in parts. Then the second half is on a much more open landscape, down the side of a hill and into an open flatter section. Here were a few longer targets, but the good mix continued.

I finished on 86. Richard Bunning popped in a great 97. It was not a gruelling shoot, but there was a good mix of targets to catch you out. Plenty of low C class scores I noticed, so tricky if you haven't found your feet yet.

A good ground if its on your radar.

Hi Will,

Thanks for your comments & reveiw..........nice to see you today & hope your trip back home wasnt too tedious !!!. 

Made the round a tad easier today due to the unpredictable weather weve been having.

Richard Bunning's score of 97 wasnt there TBH, tho Sam Green finished just one target behind on 96.

Pool shoot had two 25 straights coming from International shooters & Barrow Heath regulars Phil Gray & Paul Lovic.

Hope to see you again soon......

Mossy !!

if I had to critique it a bit, I would say that there were quite a lot of 'quartering from the left followed by quartering from the right' stands. Some were looping, but it was a bit of a theme. Maybe replace one or two of them with a driven or a teal affair, but still a good shoot.

And while it is a distance, it is a very easy traffic free fast run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will.............. suggest that you shoot a few rounds at any ground before you make a comment ....... 2 shoots ago the long midi on stand 5 from the mobile cherry picker today was a driven else where as were a target off the scissor lift down the bottom.

Think about all the recent high winds that weve had then consider setting any targets high which would be wind affected !!!

Just saying..............

Will.............. suggest that you shoot a few rounds at any ground before you make a comment ....... 2 shoots ago the long midi on stand 5 from the mobile cherry picker today was a driven else where as were a target off the scissor lift down the bottom.

Think about all the recent high winds that weve had then consider setting any targets high which would be wind affected !!!

Just saying..............
Phil it was good. It just occurred to me now that a lot were l then r. But each was a decent stand. Just trying to be descriptive, not putting it down. See you another time! (Which is the important thing) :)

really enjoyed it today, nice variety of targets. my fellow squad mates shot well, I struggled on all the quartering edge on stuff hitting less than 50% of them, so that needs rectifying promptly as there were a few today and spoiled my card, however I will take that away with me as something to work on.

I thought the pool shoot was also good, being a proper sportrap layout of a 25 bird sequence for £7.

I noticed plenty of the big names on the board and around the shoot putting in some impressive scores.

definitely make a return visit

Despite having a bad chest infection I still made the effort to get to BH on Sunday. Of course Pam came along as well.

Nice variation of targets as usual. No doubt it was a bit of a softer shoot than usual, although I still only managed to hit 75 of them.

Wish I had known Will was there and be able to introduce ourselves. Sure we'll meet up somewhere soon?

Well done once again Phil

Back