Autos. Love or Hate

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cassiusclays

Just wanted peoples opinions on autos.

I personally like shooting them, but shoot o/u moore because i feel guilty about the trappers having to pick up the cartridges.

What are your views.

Cheers.  

I've got one so that I can shoot the Benelli comp once a year, and my lad uses it occasionally.

Much prefer O/U. I think they're too temperamental and I can't be doing with all the arseing about that they need :hyper:

Very easy to shoot but I always feel guilty about the empties.

I'll just stick with my O/U though.

I dont like all that movement in front of my face puts me off, used a beretta ubg25 for a while that was good break action semi............till it fell a part

Carts on the ground?  Gawd, we've done this topic to death!

In response to the OP, have tried a few semis, but just don't like them.  I'll stick to my O/U.

Im with you Mike. o/u users who eject on the floor are just lazy or ignorant.

The auto problem, is to pick up will delay the stand or the cartridges are over the safety line and not easily accessable during the shoot. 

Clayclouter ?

Took the time to read and post, couldnt be that boaring.

or are you just a moaner.

I thought I wanted a semi auto until a shot a round with one and then tried a few others and much prefer using an o/u!

I guess it's nice for a change but have decided to stick with one gun

My brother loves his Auto's, he's settled on an old Beretta AL391 with 30'' barrell and wood stock. Some others can be a bit tempramental though, but his works gine with all shells. He used to have a winny superX3 but it was very touchy about shell selection.

Only got one word for autos .... Orrible

I use both O/U and a semi though I mainly use the semi out in the field. When I do use the semi for clays I do my best to pick up spent carts as I go.

When I score for the trap shooters at our club I just love it when one shooter is using a semi, gets the rest of them bitching a treat.  :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Autos are fine for everything except trap but as next to nobody uses them it's not really an issue.

Just wanted peoples opinions on autos.

I personally like shooting them, but shoot o/u moore because i feel guilty about the trappers having to pick up the cartridges.

What are your views.

Cheers.  

This ^^^^

I have nothing against semi-autos or pump-actions, per se: it's the fact that invariably you can tell that someone using either has been at a stand before you due to the litter of spent shells on the deck and not in the bins provided.

Back