Another to close

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rupert

DUE TO THE SOLAR FARM DEVELOPMENT ON PART OF OUR FALL OUT AREA WE HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE BUT TO CLOSE THE SHOOTING GROUND. THE LAST SHOOT WILL BE SUNDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER. PLEASE ACCEPT OUR SINCERE APOLOGIES FOR THE SHORT NOTICE BUT UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS UNAVOIDABLE. WE HAVE MET SOME LOVELY PEOPLE IN THE THREE YEARS WE HAVE BEEN AT THE GROUND AND MADE SOME GOOD FRIENDS
AND WILL BE VERY SAD TO LEAVE.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOURCUSTOM AND SUPPORT
Tina Fiona Glenn Neil.

And a bit more local to me, Knaresborough is having bother with noise.

It's so depressing.  As an aside does anyone else find fields of solar panels just so ugly.

Here's one from the North East. I received this on the 19/09/2015 

J.C.Marsh Sporting Clays - Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have taken the decision to stop the shoot at Elton Moor Farm, until further notice....

I think this is a noise issue although not 100% sure. Lets hope it gets sorted out and It's able to re-open

Sadly, environmental and social pressures in the coming years will see the closure of many small sporting grounds.

DUE TO THE SOLAR FARM DEVELOPMENT ON PART OF OUR FALL OUT AREA WE HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE BUT TO CLOSE THE SHOOTING GROUND. THE LAST SHOOT WILL BE SUNDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER. PLEASE ACCEPT OUR SINCERE APOLOGIES FOR THE SHORT NOTICE BUT UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS UNAVOIDABLE. WE HAVE MET SOME LOVELY PEOPLE IN THE THREE YEARS WE HAVE BEEN AT THE GROUND AND MADE SOME GOOD FRIENDS
AND WILL BE VERY SAD TO LEAVE.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOURCUSTOM AND SUPPORT
Tina Fiona Glenn Neil.

And a bit more local to me, Knaresborough is having bother with noise.
this is east midlands shooting ground at sawley

many thanks to glenn and the team for some cracking shoots will be very sadly missed

Maybe the time has come for our Governing Body to become more involved and assist these 'small' (and some not so small) grounds to fight these complaints that are being made. Perhaps a dedicated company of Solicitors who are experienced in handling these civil cases could be used to fight and appeal Council decisions. The B.A.S.C. were instrumental in many Wildfowling Clubs being able to purchase land on their various estuary's, sometimes from under the noses of the R.S.P.B. who were desperate to stop  access or shooting on the foreshore. Maybe the time has come for the shooting fraternity to be more vociferous. I know of 1 local club who took on the Council and WON !

Latest posts

Back