Another lockdown

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had 100 ESP at Barby Sporting on Wednesday, cracking layout and a beautiful day, the Blaser had a thorough clean afterwards and I'd be surprised if we get the opportunity to shoot again this year.
Don't put weight on then  !    I can NOT fasten the buttons on mine, I think I must have damp in the wardrobe   !

Well I give up. Day off today so would have normally gone to a shooting ground.

With it not being possible thought I'd take the dog up Rivington pike. 

It was unbelievably busy, Car park packed to overflowing. Streams of people marching up and down the paths. Ok so I was there too but I was at least on my own.  A few  Groups of 2, many made up of people from different housholds, fine. However there were a lot of groupes of several people, obviously from walking groups looking at the equipment they had. You know the accessories they don't need other to announce to the world  " look at me I can put one foot in front of another on a hill and a bit outdoorsy".  ( those daft ski pole things) 

Also there was some type of event going on as some people getting to the top were discussing times and how many ascents they had done.

Please open the shooting grounds so we can get some recreational  time whilst staying safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just observe people shopping and it makes a clay ground run under strict Covid guidelines look VERY safe in comparison !!!

I shot sporting practice on several occasions post Lockdown 1 and didn`t cross paths with anyone at close quarters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where I fish, near Bolton is similar with crowds of 'doggie walkers' and the professional  walkers with their walking sticks, they got well miffed at me  !  All I said was "Excuse me but you appear to have lost yer skis "  ?  I think this lockdown is having a severe effect on peoples' sanity  !

Back