A very ShootClay Christmas - 23rd December at Churchills

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sod the cheating, im in /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif  just rung churchills and booked on see you at 12 toby

CleverSC3 said:

The weather will be much better than tomorrow.. CSC3 
 I've been keeping an eye on the forecast, reckon earlier start might beat the rain but will have to hope for the best.

Met Andy Fuzrat and we went round at 12.00. Nice set-up there, never been before. Some simple ones and tricky ones. The stand of 20 is good fun, need quick reactions on a few combos! Came away happy but shot my average. Good weather for it and nice to get out of the house. Ray our "caddy" was good company.

A great day out for our first ShootClay Christmas outing - we managed to stay largely dry, and have some good fun around the classic course at Churchills. Really good to see everyone - and to meet Hamster for the first time - good shooting!Lots has been said about the layout - something for everyone, some tricky stuff - and some not so tricky.  I quite enjoyed it all, apart from the damn grouse butt stand where once again I failed to hit that crosser!Scores on the doors for the ShootClay team:

• Hamster - 87 (92)
  • Admin - 73 (100.5)
  • Matt Eade - 65 (95)
  • Fuzrat - 63 (90.5)
  • PhilW - 49 (99)
  • JonSkeet - 47 (92)
  • Michelle - 32 (107)
So, Michelle won the ShootClay champagne! Congratulations Mrs Fuzz!A few of us retired to the Grouse and Ale in Lane End for a hard earned pint and a sandwich. All-in-all - a great day out, with good company and some great shooting!

Good job we didnt open the bubbly, leaderboard is up and Michelle didnt win Jon Skeet did, revised scores below 

• Hamster – 87 +5 (92)
  • Admin – 73 +27.5 (100.5)
  • Matt Eade – 65 +30 (95)
  • Fuzrat – 63 +32.5 (95.5)
  • PhilW – 49 +50 (99)
  • JonSkeet – 47 +55 (102)
  • Michelle – 32 +65  (97)
Will keep it on ice and hand it over when we see you Jon /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Very strange handicap system, I shot a 66 yesterday +42.5 for 108.5 shot worse today, a 63 +32.5 for 95.5 however I shot the back 4 better today than yesterday and the front worse, think I know which stands are the handicap ones after that /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif  Tobi-wan shot 63 yesterday and exactly the same handicap as me today and I remember which stands he did well on too, another go might just nail this /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

It was great to meet everyone today, shame Clever couldn't make it though. Odd handicap system which seems to punish unnecessarily but the shoot itself I would rate as teetering on perfection in terms of balance, entertainment and difficulty. There is a 96 out there I feel but I won't be shooting again due to the distance, I prolly straight it/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif.

Fuz.... where did you find that? I can't see the leaderboard...Ham - deffo good to meet you, almost certainly a straight next time... :)

87 was well shot today Hamster, Console yourself with the fact you have the joint lowest handicap so far of 5 /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Yes, sorry Chaps, wanted to make it but got tied in at work. 87 was great Hammy. As you have all discovered the handicap system is dubious.. Roll on RBSS on 16th Jan. A handicap based on CPSA everages works really well. Looking forward to that!CSC3

booked in between xmas and new year hopefully will be good ish weather only interested in beating last years score which was a massive 49/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif was there much driven ??? and what was the 20 bird combo like

Combo was great, fast and furious /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif  as for driven, flat teal followed by driven off the tower on one stand and a simo pair of driven again off the tower on the next stand, a standard and a midi. Tried to shoot standard first on my first go round and missed it every time /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif hit every midi though /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif second time round I shot the midi first and nailed all of them again and hit 3 of the standards. The standard very nearly stops so you have loads of time to shoot the midi then pivot for the standard. Really good course, good shooters really enjoyed it and so did the lesser shots, really is something for everyone /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back