4x4 Catalytic Converter thefts!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chesterse

If you want to get to that shoot keep a close eye on your 4x4 if you have one. There has been a spate of catalytic convertor thefts recently in our area (S.Lincs/Rutland) from Ford Rangers, Isuzu, Freelanders and Mitsubishi. It's apparently because 4x4s being higher off the ground, the converters are easier to get at.

We have had the same here in Thames Valley.

They want the Cat's due to the value of the precious metals contained within.

In fact they have been using hydraulic cutting equipment down here for speed, the same as the fire service use :(

Jon.

My local Hyundai Dealership had ALL their cars on the forecourt done by Pikey's.

Pikey's were observed by locals doing it who were too frightened to intervene, Police called " Not a lot we can do, they are of no fixed abode"

Now I'm angry.

Bloody Pikey's close Chester Road opposite Weston Park main gate every first Saturday in the month to run trotting races for BIG cash. So you have to do a four mile detour. Phoned Police every day it happens, they then come along, one cop in a Panda to observe. It's illegal betting on the street for starters.

Before they used Chester Road they used to use the A41 from Tong to Watling Street, and while they waited they ran Coursing on Lord Bradford's adjoining land.

BUT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I SHOT THEIR DOGS OR THEIR TRANSITS????

Oh silly me I forgot, I pay Council tax and live in a house.

If the police would bother ro do their job properly then they could give them a fixed abode!!! Wentworth Scrubs.......

i think you mean Wandsworth Wormwood Scrubs, if it's a prison you're after

Last edited by a moderator:
PMSL...........note........ I waited on this one :D :D :D

Unfair inside advantage :cool:

Question here - where is the Catalytic Convertor on a car? In the exhaust? In the engine? How do people steal these - cut a bit of the car off?

In the exhaust, Matt. They are cutting the exhaust either side of it to pinch it. Contains rare metals like platinum although not much I'd've thought

Scrap value of a cat starts at £85 and goes up to about £250. Most are around £150. Not bad for 5 minutes work. How the Diddicoys are able to sell new or near new ones to the "recycling" industry without getting arrested for theft is a question best addressed to the police who seem disinterested in doing anything that involves catching criminals.

Scrap value of a cat starts at £85 and goes up to about £250. Most are around £150. Not bad for 5 minutes work. How the Diddicoys are able to sell new or near new ones to the "recycling" industry without getting arrested for theft is a question best addressed to the police who seem disinterested in doing anything that involves catching criminals.
Spot on, this is the real worry. You will always have dregs and criminals, it's whether we can ever muster the might to stand up to them.

Latest posts

Back