21 gram for sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such is the nature of life and mans bravado that very few are willing to admit there is a tangible difference between 21g and 28g. Admit they won't but they carry on using the bigger load which subtly tells me they know what they prefer.
I am guilty, I consider 24 is as good if not better than 28 but my head wont win my heart on a sunday abt comp. Guilty as charged mi lud

Yes and he knows his stuff too. Which is why I don't understand why some classes of shooters can still use 28grm for OT at some events. It could be said that such a thing gives an unfair advantage to lesser shooters, but I have not heard about any of the top boys moaning about it anywhere have you?
no mate I havent had any animosity, I am C at OT usually shoot 24 but hwve been known to shoot 28 and certain folk have said if the rules allow it then why not take advantage, for the record a C or D class shootr can only win class if he or she ellects to use 28 so it doesnt really effect the top shooters

21s do break the vast majority of birds that we see week in week out (45 yard max normally) and are super soft to shoot.

They are not tighter than 28s in my experience, just less shot. Yes they will break pretty much anything out there, and consistently too. But overall 28s will break a couple more at the top end of the field.

Difficult to say at the lower end as has been mentioned, the swing in scores would make analysis very hard.

As an interesting aside I shot a round of OT when getting the gun in Germany. Used a mix of 22, 24 and 28g 7s in STEEL (shock horror). The one bird I missed was with a 28. Not scientific but interesting. Vaguely...

And on the FITASC scores going up with lighter loads- shoots have got softer, FACT. Yes people have also got better but it is more the former than the latter in my book.

No shell would have hit it- I pushed too far through, missed by a good 2 foot!

I will hold your coats if your going to have a online scrap :)

I will hold your coats if your going to have a online scrap :)
I have not read all of it ZZZzzzzzzzz but i will bring the popcorn......

Who are we betting on and for what.....?

Ask my youngest elf about shot weight, ;)

19 out of 30 with a 410 on his first ever shoot 

as many have said,   put the shot where they clay is, and it will break

Mart

I even put 'smilies' in to show there was no 'aggresion' and that my tongue was firmly in cheak!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its about time someone did a proper scientific test regarding such things, so as to make a proper assessment of things!!! Otherwise we only have personal opinions about such things. Not a good basis for a real and accurate comparison at all.

I even put 'smilies' in to show there was no 'aggresion' and that my tongue was firmly in cheak!!!

Back