21 / 22 December....shooting not shopping....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hang over both days! Lesson at Greenfields yesterday, can honestly say even with a pounding head the progress is good! Shot JJ's this morning and I took the approach the score don't matter as long as the shooting was good and with another banging head I was happy with it I feel smooth and calmer and its making my shooting more enjoyable there's a lil demon here and there like hitting 8 straight then dropping 4 but I can get over that! Now shopping in Bluwater well I say shopping we've found the bar!

Went to Valley Views registered shoot. Lovely bright day when I turned up at lunchtime with Clayclouter. Chris Childerhouse had just finished on a 95 which was leading when I left. Phil Easeman was still out there though..

It wasn't too tough, with about three firm stands and the rest fairly steady, but I felt so much more in the zone than I did last time out. Shooting recently definitely helped.

I managed to straight the two trickiest stands in the middle of the course. (Scorer said I was the only straight on one). Then I went onto a dead easy following pair stand and dropped 2! I finished on 94, so pretty cross with that stand.. Enough for A class but near to full glory? Oh well..

Went to Valley Views registered shoot. Lovely bright day when I turned up at lunchtime with Clayclouter. Chris Childerhouse had just finished on a 95 which was leading when I left. Phil Easeman was still out there though..

It wasn't too tough, with about three firm stands and the rest fairly steady, but I felt so much more in the zone than I did last time out. Shooting recently definitely helped.

I managed to straight the two trickiest stands in the middle of the course. (Scorer said I was the only straight on one). Then I went onto a dead easy following pair stand and dropped 2! I finished on 94, so pretty cross with that stand.. Enough for A class but near to full glory? Oh well..
well shot 94 bloody good score no matter what!!

Well shot Wil !!! 94 at anything is bloody good mate.

Went to westfield good as usual, shot steady, 103

Last edited by a moderator:

well shot will...dont matter what targets are they still got to be hit mate...good on ya.. :goodjob:

Some one said today will that vv had lots of trailing following pairs off same trap , did this work and did you like it for the forty pound entry fee ??

Urchfont turkey shoot today, a massive turn out and brilliant Christmas spirit ...
My Lauren (11 years) shot her 410 today and although not a high score won £20 and a brace of pheasants ....
A big Thank you to Chase for making the three very young shots involved today and made to feel apart of a great shoot,

lots of prizes won today from top to bottom of the ranks and top score 34 / 40 very good shooting ....

I'm sure in saying 5 turkey's and five hampers
for 1st and 2nd then a bottle of whiskey with £10 attached until 5th place ...

Glad I was apart of a great Christmas shoot today :)

Some one said today will that vv had lots of trailing following pairs off same trap , did this work and did you like it for the forty pound entry fee ??
4 or 5 stands were very good at vv. the others less so. 3 were trailing pairs. I have told the owner to sort this and that £40 is unloved. It would be another £20 in diesel for me to go to Westfield instead, but the point is £40 is visible.

Hi Will

Well shot on 94, how did the shoot rate overall compared to the last one. VV has such potential but last month really put me off and Im somewhat reluctant to go again.

I started at Four Counties and managed 29/50 two stands were my big let down but happy with 29. Then on to Westfield and struggled again I am apparently not following through and just stopping! If I had followed through I could have had a few more so only 48/120 for me. Then had a go at the pool shoot for fun and managed 11/25 which I was very pleased with especially as our last few birds were accompanied by wind and sleet and I near froze to death and could not see.

Great day at Carl Bloxhams yesterday, with my best ever score on a Compak of 22, just need to work out the simo pairs bit...

And my first time at Westfield today, 84/120, which I was pretty pleased with, another great shoot from Steve and think I learnt lots, will do better next time I am sure. Great to bump into so many people...well done to Tom on his C Class win and Chris P in A class...

Only two days till Christmas but more importantly four days until my next shoot....

Hi Will

Well shot on 94, how did the shoot rate overall compared to the last one. VV has such potential but last month really put me off and Im somewhat reluctant to go again.
It wasn't that hard, but there were a few stands that were pretty good. Big lead. Others were fine. Some decent sim pairs. They set the shoot in bad wind and rain so it was a touch easier today. But I think only a handful broke 90. It was good apart from 3 following pair stands.

It wasn't that hard, but there were a few stands that were pretty good. Big lead. Others were fine. Some decent sim pairs. They set the shoot in bad wind and rain so it was a touch easier today. But I think only a handful broke 90. It was good apart from 3 following pair stands.

Thanks Will, maybe up for the next one. Perhaps they need a target setter. When painey used to set the targets , more often than not it would rival any registered out there.

Did you win a class will ??????

Sian I watched you this afternoon as I scored the sportrap for you and I must say your first three stands were really good and you hit the really long midi hard several times , think you got tired and cold on last two stands and concentration disappeared , but I think if you push the gun and trust yourself you might be surprised what could happen

Steve

They done the same at the first shoot. We shot it after the last Westfield 120. They charged us £40 because they had ran out of change. No we didn't like it,no we won't be going back.

They done the same at the first shoot. We shot it after the last Westfield 120. They charged us £40 because they had ran out of change. No we didn't like it,no we won't be going back.
I think any new registered ground should be encouraged,,Valley View will take a while to get things right as do all grounds, it is easy to knock it, but lets not forget Caterham has gone and a number of grounds are under threat or could close at any time i.e. Southern Counties, we lost Newham Pa.rk and Cadley not so long ago. If you give the guys at V V some constructive feedback I am sure they will take it on board eventually. Give the ground a chance

Back